Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum, but not new to the cars. I've had my '87 GN since 1998 and have only put about 2,000 miles on it since. Soon after I bought it, I purchased one of those package kits from ATR (3" stainless exhaust, pitbull chip, etc.). I have installed rear seats braces and a Walbro 255 fuel pump. I also had the rear end rebuilt and put in .390 gears. That's it for mods. I also bought an Art Carr shift kit that has been sitting around for more than 10 years. Five years ago I bought a billet adjustable pressure regulator, VDO boost gauge, water gauge and oil gauge, none of which have ever been installed. I will soon be buying a knock gauge and a liquid-filled fuel pressure gauge.

In November of 2009, I was driving it home from the gas station for the last time before winter and I rode it pretty hard. All of a sudden something blew. It still drives, but very rough (If I had to guess, I would say it feels like not all the cylinders are working).

Rust has been an issue. Rockers, door skins and trunk lid are shot. The hood and front fenders have always had cracked paint, crows feet I guess they call it. And that's a summary of my GN story.

And as a strange coincidence, most of my parts were bought from ATR, Poston and Bowling Green, all of which are now out of business. I'm looking forward to getting back into this hobby and learning some things.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.