Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning Members
Greeting from Sioux Falls South Dakota. I recently had the privilege of purchasing a White 1985 Buick Riviera Convertible, which has the V6 Turbo engine in it. Its an original car and in good condition. I am looking forward to driving it and becoming more familar with the vehicle and in particular the power train. I am trying to find a handbook for this car and a manual/or supplement for the shop manual which covers the engine? Any advice and comments would be appreciated. Thankyou John

Attachments

·
Older--but Getting Wiser
2,256 Posts
Good Morning Members
Greeting from Sioux Falls South Dakota. I recently had the privilege of purchasing a White 1985 Buick Riviera Convertible, which has the V6 Turbo engine in it. Its an original car and in good condition. I am looking forward to driving it and becoming more familar with the vehicle and in particular the power train. I am trying to find a handbook for this car and a manual/or supplement for the shop manual which covers the engine? Any advice and comments would be appreciated. Thankyou John
Wow, that's one very rare car--congratulations on snagging it! I had a white 83 convertible, with a white top, the maroon interior, but just the V8 and only 41k miles. I would suggest EBay for any literature/manual desires--all mine went with the car @ sale.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Monte for your message and comments. I am told that it was one of 47 made in 1985, as production of the convertible finished. There were also 49 Firemist Red cars made, (approximately 100 in total). The V6 Turbo is much more lively and responsive than the cars which had the "detuned" 307 cu inch V8. I am attending the ROA meeting in Branson Missouri next week and hope to track down the literature there and I will also take you advice about EBay.
What are you currently driving? Thank you John

·
Older--but Getting Wiser
2,256 Posts
What are you currently driving? Thank you John
Per full Signature (just arrow down @ btm to see full...), I have totally thinned the herd to just a 58 Bonneville Sport Coupe. Congratulations again for your rare Riv acquisition,,, Monte

1 - 5 of 5 Posts