Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, not to sound like a complete idiot but I just have to ask to make absolutely sure. I have an HEI distributor and no computer on my 6, and it is out of an older something (not real sure what). Anyway, it was running with it before I pulled the old engine out so I know it will work in them. My question is, which way does it go back in? Like a moron I didn't take a pic of it before I pulled it out. Does it really matter as long as I designate one of the posts as #1 and number them accordingly from there? It seems to me that number 1 was pointing down when I took it out and the wires on the dist. cap would indicate that, but my book tells me #1 should be pointing at the #2 piston area(about 1 o'clock).
Once again, any info is greatly appreciated.

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
Mine pointers towards #5 I think. I taped it in place before I pulled it, but still had it play with it to get it to drop in place.

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
Ttype83 said:
Mine pointers towards #5 I think. I taped it in place before I pulled it, but still had it play with it to get it to drop in place.
OPPS my bad..points to number 6 :crazy:

·
old skool
3,738 Posts
doesn't really matter as long as you set it up on #1 and wire it up right(firing order). it can point anyway you want. if you want it back to factory specs look in a motors manual it will show it. i usually start out in the front of the dist.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts