Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go! Been years since I have worked on my GN and I'm going to start with my heater core. I've been reading all the tips on this list so it should be straight forward, even for me! If anybody has anymore tips, let me know. I'll keep you updated.
Art

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hotrodjunky1982,
Yes, I might have a problem with that. I'll try to include some pictures but when I pulled the cover off, the whole rubber thing ripped away from the wall where the cover bolts up. Other than that, I didn't have any problems. Just took me a long time. Looked like the cover was replaced before but there was like undercover sealant all over some of the bolts.

Any suggestions on a sealant brand?

Thanks,
Art

Attachments

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
I think we used black silicone when I replaced mine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have some of that on hand I'll try today. It was kind of the dickens get off but I didn't break anything, thank goodness.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We're gunna find out in a minute. It's smaller and lighter than the brass one so we'll see. I know some folks have had problems because some distributors ship the wrong one. I was happy to find that was the source of the leak. My car sits mostly and leaks everything!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This one went In ok. It's shorter than the other one but I don't think it will effect anything. Had a hard time getting the cover back on. Seems like it grew an inch when I had it out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like I solved it. Added the coolant, ran for awhile, fan came on with no leaks. Off to the next project before Spring!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts