Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Owner-TR Custom Parts
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a heated O2 sensor in my GN since 1995 and have probably run 3 tanks of leaded race gas thru it in that time. Since I am now running an alcohol kit I have decided not to run leaded racing gas in the future for the limited amount of racing I do. Should I just go back to the stock O2 sensor since from what I have heard the heated ones don't code if there is a problem?

------------------
1987 GN, 20,000 miles, best et to date - 12.67 with stock turbo, injectors and intercooler.
www.buickgn.com Turbo Regal Custom Parts

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I believe the stock ones will perform better on the street in normal driving with regard to gas mileage, etc.

------------------
------------------
Steve Wood

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

86 GN bought new, 87 T-type-81 El Camino with GN drive train-basically stock 86, 94 Caprice 9C1, 69 SS396 Camaro Convertible

G

·
My car definately runs better with the stock single wire O2 versus a heated one. I have things wired up so I can switchover to the heated one just for track use.

------------------
Clayton
87 GN: 307FP hotwired, adj FPR, Tomka Cold air kit,TA49, MSD 50's, CAS V4, 3"DP, Jim Testa street and Lubrant 110 chips Turbolink with boost sensing,
Best ET: 11.79 @ 116 mph, 1.61 60'

1 - 3 of 3 Posts