Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
84 Buick - My headlights were working this morning and now they dont work. High nor the low. The parking lamps and breaklight all work. I can't imagine all 4 headlights going out at the same time... Is there a fuse the the headlights & which one is it... Thanks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Note: I drive with my high beams all the time because my column shifter broke and they got stuck there. I've driven with the highbeams in the daytime becuase I like the way the car looks with them on. I know for sure they were working this morning. I turn the car off at work. Went to lunch and no light...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
before they went out, i would touch my headlight & parking light switch with my fingers and it would be very hot. I tought it was normal. Can someone confirm because I'm begining to think in my headlight switch. Also, where is the high beam switch located.....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Motor head mike !!!! you got it.

It was the High beam switch (dimmer switch) located under the steering column. I rigged it up and have it set for just the low beams to work. I disconected the plug which has 3 pins. One of the pins is energized + then you have to run a wire and touch one of the other pins. One is for the low beams the other for the high beams. My switch still doesn't work but my lights do. I don't have high beams Doh ... wink

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.