Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what head gaskets to go with? OEM stock or aftermarket (fel-pro)... the heads have not been o-ringed. Any suggestions would be helpful... Thanks powersix

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
If it is fairly stock go for the factory gaskets. They are good for 550hp. Your asking for problems if you go with the cheap fel-pros.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
forzfed:
If it is fairly stock go for the factory gaskets. They are good for 550hp. Your asking for problems if you go with the cheap fel-pros.
What make you think that Felpros are the cheap ones? If you look at the factory ones you will see they are made by Felpro or Victor. I been using Felpro 9441PT head gaskets for years and never had problems. I know many in the 10's and over 25lbs of boost and still going strong. 99% of headgaskets blow do to driver error or improper installation not Quality of the gasket...

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
When you are making your head gasket comparisons, look here.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
ULYCYC:
forzfed:
What make you think that Felpros are the cheap ones? If you look at the factory ones you will see they are made by Felpro or Victor. I been using Felpro 9441PT head gaskets for years and never had problems. I know many in the 10's and over 25lbs of boost and still going strong. 99% of headgaskets blow do to driver error or improper installation not Quality of the gasket...
Ed, when I meant cheap, I meant the $30.00 compared to the $80 or $120 ones. There were several members that had the "less expensive" felpro and they all popped a gasket. Speaking to Conley they said the same thing, the factory ones were better than the low end fel-pro. That is all I meant by that.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
I may be wrong but the low priced Felpro's are the wrong gaskets (no fire ring) The only gasket they list now is 9441PT I not talking about shim gaskets (1000) or reciever grove (1007)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts