Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Growing my Mullet!
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decision, decisions.

My x-over and D/S header are done - they are wasted and will not seal. The x-over is so brittle it is falling apart at the flange, and the D/S header is eggshaped/smashed.

I am currently looking for a good x-over and D/S header, but in the meantime I've been searching around and looking over the options.

I wish there was more info on these

I know some of their other/older stuff fell apart - but other say the newer stuff is better :dunno:

Anyone have any positive/negative real world info on these?

Hell - I may just end up being the guinea pig.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
$295 plus shipping is maybe worth a try? :dunno:

·
Registered
204 Posts
The headers in the photo look like older ATR headers.

Now that we have sorted out our ESP Twin Turbo Headers, we will start on Stock Replacement style headers this summer.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
743 Posts
NOCOOLER said:
Decision, decisions.

My x-over and D/S header are done - they are wasted and will not seal. The x-over is so brittle it is falling apart at the flange, and the D/S header is eggshaped/smashed.

I am currently looking for a good x-over and D/S header, but in the meantime I've been searching around and looking over the options.

I wish there was more info on these

I know some of their other/older stuff fell apart - but other say the newer stuff is better :dunno:

Anyone have any positive/negative real world info on these?

Hell - I may just end up being the guinea pig.
i was wondering about these too...buy'em up and let us know what ya think :D

·
Growing my Mullet!
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a Six?? said:
$295 plus shipping is maybe worth a try? :dunno:
The buy it now price was $495........I don't know if I'm quite willing to spend that for a questionable set of headers. They are copies of ATR's, but probably low grade stainless.

I'm really sick of messing with stockers - I weld them at least once a year........

·
Registered
835 Posts
ive had to weld my ATRs many times... so don't think just because you spend the money your getting an absolutly top notch product. Those knock offs may be better lol. My ATRs are nice now that ive had them welded by a very very good guy, but the stock welds were crap.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
11 negatives in the last month...sounds like a guy with a bad attitude

·
Growing my Mullet!
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really need to do something - my neighbors got a 76ish Duster and thinks its the fastest car evar! Even though my GS would probably kill it!

·
Boost Addict?
2,080 Posts
We're in the same boat with this one Jeremy. My driver's side is crapped out. The wheezer won't spool for poop, the short times are suffering. I even e-mailed those folks about the $295 deal for some installed pic's last week..I've heard nothing from them. :usa:

·
Registered
310 Posts
I e mailed those guys back in Nov-Dec when I was redoing my motor. I said I'd buy them for the picture deal on a motor. Never heard from them either.

·
lag,what is that?
2,715 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
ive been loking at those too for about a month, i looked at the feedback and its all been positive. they cant be low grade if they actually use 321 stainelss to make them. but 500 seems to be a bit low for high grade headers.

·
lag,what is that?
2,715 Posts
I bought my headers from Kenne Bell 8 years ago for $650.00 and they are mild steel. :eek!: I just didn't want to spend / couldn't justify the extra $250.00 for their stainless steel ones, these are still holding up well. :yup:

They look exactly like the ATR headers and pretty close to those in this auction.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
meenkeene518 said:
ive been loking at those too for about a month, i looked at the feedback and its all been positive. they cant be low grade if they actually use 321 stainelss to make them. but 500 seems to be a bit low for high grade headers.
and, if they don't fit, it is your fault as they state emphatically in their feedback that they are not responsible for your install problems :)

·
Growing my Mullet!
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is one of my concerns Steve. The other is they may just fall apart!

This maybe if you can't afford to do it right the 1st time - how are you going to be able to the 2nd.

But they could turn out to be an okay deal.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
yep, I understand...just concerns me with the quantity of negative feedback, announced lack of support...and their phony baloney "we want someone to show them off,, contact us"...and the lack of answers to those that applied.

They seem to be a classless act

·
Growing my Mullet!
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I agree Steve.......

I'm looking at these also.

I just don't know that I can blow $1000 that I really don't have have at the moment. The milds are in my price range, but I don't know if I want to go that route.

·
Banned
1,289 Posts
NOCOOLER said:
I agree Steve.......

I'm looking at these also.

I just don't know that I can blow $1000 that I really don't have have at the moment. The milds are in my price range, but I don't know if I want to go that route.
Those TA headers in sstl are nice. I helped put a set on and they seemed to be flawless putting them on.

·
Growing my Mullet!
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
2 qk 4 u said:
Those TA headers in sstl are nice. I helped put a set on and they seemed to be flawless putting them on.
Thanks for the info - I may just sell my new laptop and then order them.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts