I was thinking of wrapping my DP.
How much will I need?
Anyone have any for sale?

TIA
ES

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
NO, but I have a spare fire extinguisher that I will sell you. Why wrap the downpipe anyway? Isn't that kinda like closing the barn door after the horse is gone?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Well i've had my dp wraped for about 3 years now, and no probs.
I can see a potential for fire when wrapping the crossover pipe, from oil leaking on it.
Can't see it from the dp though.
reason to do it, heard it helps reduce under hood temps, keep some of the heat from the upper control bushing.
my o2 though.
bought it from summit, i think it was a 50' roll.

[This message has been edited by shmed (edited January 27, 2002).]

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
You will need exactly 25ft for a TH DP. I highly recommend it.

Oh ya, get the 2inch wide stuff, can be purchased through summit. DEI is the brand I believe.

------------------

Stock Block, Stock Cam, PTE-52, Champion Heads, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3680# with Driver
12.0 @ 116.5mph w/20psi using 17.9* timing

mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
430 Posts
got pics of the dp wrapped? Can the dp be wrapped with the dp in the engine or better to remove it?

------------------
87 GN Hardtop~ stock motor, stock intercooler w/Duttweiler big neck,stock D5 converter, TE 51 w/.63 exhaust housing,big mouth cold air induction, hotwired walboro 340, MSD 50's, cold air induction, stock TB and plenum, THDP, 3" ATR dual exhaust, 10 mm Magnecor wries, B&M tranny cooler, performance transmissions deep aluminum pan, Dynotech shift kit, VDO gauges, Autometer boost gauge, SMC alchy injection, PTE remote oil system, ATR 3" maf pipe, scanmaster 2, boost command

1 - 6 of 6 Posts