Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys i think i have a blown hg. in the over flow tank looks like oil and almost smells like oil. however, the car is not using any water at all and isnt smoking a bit. the temp today the car was running at like 181 and went as high as 190. any help please?

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my friend just gave back his leak down test.. isnt it true that if you run the car (cold) with the cap off you can tell by bubbles?

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks like zap has a new word

i hope its not i'm about 2 min away from buying DR's

G

·
Do you have water in the oil? If not you mite of had a crack in the oil cooler in the radiator. Mine had the same thing going on I replaced radiator and seems ok. I opened the radiator cap and disconnected the oil lines and pluged one side of oil cooler put air hose in other and mine blew bubbles. Radiator was junk.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no the oil is clean... needs to be changed but it is clean... when i put the rad. in last summer i had a problem with the oil cooler lines it was leaking oil by the rad. they put a new one in and it has been fine.. i hope its not a cracked head. i should have bought thoes gn1's when i bought the car.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
The water in your overflow looked and smelled like sh!t a month ago when I seen your car. Flush out the radiator and overflow tank. put in clean water/antifreeze and watch it for a few days.

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, [email protected] boost.10's soon
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Then if you see new signs of oil in it....try disconnecting the oil cooler lines from the radiator and join them together with a double female connector. Sometimes, the cooler will crack as mentioned above and force oil into the water....

I suspect the tank is just full of crud, tho....Punk

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Why don't you do what Ed tells ya to do???

Change the oil too! Geez!

Forget the drag radials for now and get that 340 in the car first!

I dunno.... punk kids these days....

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i'm doing the pump, oil and hopefuly flushing the coolent at the same time.. thats hopefuly next week

steve, so your saying use the same line as the tranny cooler?

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
man what a jack ass this "limitedz71" is sounds gay

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ZAP!!

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey listen now.. i'm not in to that gay stuff... so you can just forget about that.. lol of i can do it infront of a walmart in a blizzard with a car that is tripple red.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts