Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's to make a long story short.
I went out to the shop this morning to fix a small leak from my oil pump bolt,that was dripping onto the intercooler plate.Well I pulled everything out of the way on top then crawled underneath to get to the last bolt on the intercooler and what the hell do I see but a puddle of oil right under my inspection plate under the torque converter.
So I pulled the inspection cover and there was very little oil in it,so I put the car up on stands and fire it off to see if it really was the rear main seal.After about 10minutes of just laying there wondering how I screwd that up,and watching for the leak it never happend.That's when I noticed oil dripping from the side of the engine.
The oil leak was actully from my turbo oil feed line and it was dripping down onto the motormount then running down the side of the block to the rear of the pan then to the floor.Man what a relief. As soon as the engine cools down I'll get in there and fix it.anyone else have a dilemma like that?
Bildo

------------------
87 GN 3"ATR DP 2.5 ATR duals,7th injector,rebuilt turbo(stock)rebuilt injectors(stock).30 JE Pistons,accufab regulator,ATR super pump Hot wired,stainless driver side exhaust manifold.SOME ASSEMBLY STILL REQUIRED

·
Registered
246 Posts
Good stuff!

I hope my problem can be fixed the same way. In other words, a simple fix to stop a disaster from happening.

I searching for exhaust leaks...hope it can be fixed just by tightening a few bolts.

------------------

1987 GN: 104,500 miles, 160°T-stat, homemade dual exhaust with Dynomax Super Turbos, Adj.WG, Walbro 340, Adj.FPR, chrome MAF pipe w/12"K&N cone, engine tie-down, SCANMASTER II, 30psi VDO Boost gauge, 235/60/15 DUNLOP GT QUALIFIERS all around, custom chip. Set at a confident 15lbs of boost 14.4 ET @ 91.7mph is STILL MY BEST---- :( WTF?
...BEFORE the above mods were done!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts