Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an '86 GN, it is my second GN. I had an '87 but sold it in '99. I will be 68 years old in two months but I am in good health and love to work on my car. I retired from Honeywell International in 2007, I was a control systems tech for 15 years with them. I have always enjoyed the challenge of control systems whether on cars or equipment. After I retired I had too much time to look for things to do. I know some people will give me a hard time for what I have done but that's ok, just remember, it's my car not yours. I sold the engine and transmission to a guy in Huntsville, AL several years ago. He had an '87 with no engine and trans. I installed a Corvette L98 engine and trans with a tuned port injection. I still have the Corvette engine but am now using a Holly 650 cfm Ultra carb and Edelbrock manifold. Also when I bought the car, the rearend was so bad, I couldn't take it apart without a torch. I installed a 9" rearend. I have changed the transmission from a 700R4 to a 4L60E but didn't like either one. I have recently changed it to a Muncie 4 speed and I love it. I live on social security and a small Honeywell retirement so I have always done the work myself. I will include photos. You probably noticed that I like blue accents under the hood..Thanks for listening...

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts