Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody drained a half gallon or so of rad fluid & replaced it with clr run the motor a little bit then drain? would it help clean the cores & water jackets etc? came home the other day & was leaking rad fluid up by th pass rocker cover 250 degrees when i pulled in the drive, but clean oil next day. gonna change the stat just thinking if clr might help the flush?:headbang:

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Did you check the hoses going into the heater core or the hard line running on that side of the motor. Even a pin hole will do the trick. if they are original it would be wise to replace all the hoses after 25 yrs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

bought a fixer upper so everything is a mystery, not sure what or what hasnt been done. heater core & air cond is in the trunk. i think she was stripped down for the track but who knows. runs good but hot so stat & hoses will get changed.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
add a 160 stat if it never freezes where you are or a 180 if it does. The 160 isnt that great for 15 below weather. Never tried CLR? I use distilled water & (insert brain here!) the stuff from Nick at Arizona GN as it cleans out the crud with 1 bottle. Then change the water each year & do it again. The name of the stuff is ???????
Danm I have a 24 bottle case in the shop! Whats it called?? :crazy:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just a six

clr is that hardware store calcium, lime rust remover but if ya remember the name of the stuff u have post it, please. iam up here in ontario but she will be a spring summer fall car garaged in the winter

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
clr is that hardware store calcium, lime rust remover but if ya remember the name of the stuff u have post it, please. iam up here in ontario but she will be a spring summer fall car garaged in the winter
My Brain is Alive!! RMI 25 Do a search on it.
I'm in TO but have a 1-2 8 oz bottles I may sell to help you out.
PM me if interested? $10 each for 1 treatment plus postage.
I've been using this mix over 10 years with a 160* stat in traffic with AC on 100* day I never see more than 178-180. I do have dual fans & stock rad that is Clean!

I only have a couple to spare so please don't PM me looking for some guys.
I hate to say no but I have to with this stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts