Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
David
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
shipt happens and it happened to me AGAIN

Long version.
I have been dreaming and planning this Cecil trip since it was first posted.
And lucky me the wife was on board and actually enthusiastic about it :confused: Any way now its Friday, i pack the car - Chairs, extra clothes to stay at a hotel with a pool after the Buick event, Two empty 5Gal jugs for Alcohol, tools, spare tire and a a bunch of spare parts in case something brakes. I mean the trunk was packed to the gills, typical pack-rat style. Anyway my Wife is always late to everything, But Saturday (9-22-2012) morning she actually gets up early BEFORE me and gets the kids ready right away. LIFE IS GOOD.
Its now 5:45 AM and we are on the road no traffic GPS says that our ETA at Cecil is 9:05 AM. We breeze through the Belt get to the Verrazano Bridge. OHH ship i forgot the Easy-pass- No big deal will just buy another one since i wanted to do that anyway- Short line $45.00 later, new easy-pass on hand all is good.
Construction up a head shipt i end up in the single lane side, no big deal its moving good Then WTF is that on the road ?? with no where to weave to i have no choice but to hit it. ok the car still feels good floor it.
OHH good there comes a Lexus with blue lights,lowered and wide wheels coming up on me so i slow down he gets next to me so i touch the gas and he takes the bait and pulls a 1/4 mile on me, Perfect ill maintain this 1/4 mile distance and if there are any cops out he should find them first, now cruising at 80-85.
i am in now in 440 approaching the NJ Turnpike when the car gets real loose in the rear and then that loud noise starts, that noise that most of us know right away what it is, the sound of a shredded tire.:eek!: wife and kids freak out i pull over onto the shoulder and go to work.
OHH shipt the spare is empty AHHHHHHHHHHH.
The hell with it ill drive on a spare rim before i damage my wheels.
I get to the Pepboys in Pennsauken NJ on Old Post road.
they have the tire in stock price is 229.00 out the door, OK put it on and lets go.
They mount the tire all is good BUT WTF is that:crazy: the idiot that mounted the tire clamped the rim on the inside lipside instead on the out side .
i then freak out, the one good thing on my car and this idiot just fcked it up.
Anyway the manager comes over and says don't pay for the tire and call it even.
WTF can i do? i am stuck in NJ so yeahh get me the hell out off here.
i get back in the car check the GPS and my new ETA is 1:30 PM.
i called the track and it said that Buick day was over at 4:00PM. So honey, kids we are turning back and going home.

Attachments

·
car crazy from birth
729 Posts
Ouch. Sorry to hear of your trouble. A lot of preparation, expense, and travel... then "Murphy" gets involved - [email protected] guy NEVER takes a day off :rant:
I was looking forward to seeing your car, too.
Hope that you have "cooled off" by now, I can imagine the frustration.
Good luck with getting everything squared away again.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Sorry to hear about this buddy! I know you were looking forward to the event and I kinda kept looking around all day for you too! I knew someone was missing! At least the kids have a story to talk about for years to come! So for next year strap 4 extra rims and tires on the roof! :)

·
David
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to hear about this buddy! I know you were looking forward to the event and I kinda kept looking around all day for you too! I knew someone was missing! At least the kids have a story to talk about for years to come! So for next year strap 4 extra rims and tires on the roof! :)
LOL
i am still bent but at least no one got hurt.

·
David
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry to hear about your trip from hell :(, but look at the bright side ..

you took it out for the day and
drove it home under its own power :6: :headbang:
i guess:confused::crazy:

·
Estimator
3,627 Posts
At least everyone is safe, that's all that matters.

Chuck

·
David
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That scrape should clean up depending on how deep it is,might have to get a weld then sand and buff.I fix a bunch of wheels for my friends wheel shop.
there are about 6 to 10 of them scratches some deeper than others.
but its not just the scratch the rims are powder coated silver in the center and then the whole rim was powder coated clear.
my cousins told me to call "Wheel fix it" and get a quote from them.

At least everyone is safe, that's all that matters.

Chuck
yes it does

something else to add to the car
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Orange-Electronic-P409S-Retrofit-Monitoring/dp/B002DYH586/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1348450706&sr=1-1&keywords=tire+pressure+monitoring+system"]Orange Electronic P409S Retrofit Tire Pressure Monitoring System : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

·
Just another kinky six
1,587 Posts
Like everyone said, your family is ok and you got to drive the car.:wink: Even if everything didn't work out you didn't blow the engine at least.:D

·
David
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Like everyone said, your family is ok and you got to drive the car.:wink: Even if everything didn't work out you didn't blow the engine at least.:D
believe me thats the very first thing that i thought once i stopped the car. it could have been very ugly and i realized that.

·
Just another kinky six
1,587 Posts
believe me thats the very first thing that i thought once i stopped the car. it could have been very ugly and i realized that.
Just glad that you're safe. To make you feel a little better, when I went to get the T 1/2 the way there we lost oil pressure and we had a total of 4 blow outs on the truck.:eek!:

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
Man that sucks, glad everyone is okay. Sorry you couldn't make it down. As the Eagle's fans say, "There is always next year."

·
David
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Man that sucks, glad everyone is okay. Sorry you couldn't make it down. As the Eagle's fans say, "There is always next year."
and Met and Jet fans.:eek!:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.