Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Where are my hands?
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got off the phone with them for a policy on the Buick. I have my Olds insured with them already and just added the Buick.

What great cusomer service:headbang:

Rates are great to. Aggreed value and no appraisal needed!

(oops Collector not Colector, can't fix the banner, damn smart phone)

·
blank
2,898 Posts
X2
Technically you pay more to be added to the "database" which circumvents the appraisal
but well worth it.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
How do they know what the "agreed value" is without an appraisal?? Do they just go by what you say? :dunno:

·
Where are my hands?
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do they know what the "agreed value" is without an appraisal?? Do they just go by what you say? :dunno:
You tell them what you feel the value is and provide them a picture. I'm sure they keep a data base of values, so you can't insure your 82 K car for $15000 then set it on fire. Lol!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just got my renewal for the Monte Carlo and the Grand Prix yesterday. $239.00 for the year for both cars (the Grand Prix is in rough shape, and isn't on the road right now). I'm at the point where I should get the appraisal updated for both cars. Its a good deal though.

·
Where are my hands?
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
X2
Technically you pay more to be added to the "database" which circumvents the appraisal
but well worth it.
Dave their prices have come way down. Last year when they were new to Canada the had to use a network of brokers$$$$$$

Now they have their own Canadian underwriter. My rate is $2 cheaper per year then my old policy, but I do have a group rate with 2 cars being insured.

·
blank
2,898 Posts
Dave their prices have come way down. Last year when they were new to Canada the had to use a network of brokers$$$$$$

Now they have their own Canadian underwriter. My rate is $2 cheaper per year then my old policy, but I do have a group rate with 2 cars being insured.
The "database" is actually a line item in the premium calculation ~$40

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
Contact number and reference?

·
Registered
96 Posts

if you dont mind me asking.... about how much do you pay and for what agreed upon price....

...i here a lot of people say the only pay a few hundred per year, when i got my quote for 30-35 K [dont remember] it was like ~$1000 per year... which isnt a bad price, but just wondering why everyone says they only pay a few hundred.

I wonder if most people are just insuring for 10-15 K........:dunno:

aaron

·
Where are my hands?
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Website for Canada is

https://www.hagerty.ca/Collector-car-insurance/Auto-insurance-overview

For an agreed value of $20 000 on the Buick it is $172 per year with $100 deductible and a $1 000 000 indemnity.

But I get a 20% discount because my 87 Olds is insured with them as well.

The Olds was $140 for $4000 agreed value (gone down with the discount)

For $60 more a year I also get 24/7 roadside assistance for 80mi one way on a flatbed truck.

·
Where are my hands?
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Forgot to mention, you need a car to be insured (not with them) as your daily to get those rates. My 2008 F150 is $1100 per year:mad:

·
blank
2,898 Posts
If you have a real independent broker like mine they can write the policy with Hagerty and earn commission.ASK! I only have to deal with my own broker ever!

·
Where are my hands?
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you have a real independent broker like mine they can write the policy with Hagerty and earn commission.ASK! I only have to deal with my own broker ever!
O Great wise one:sw:

lol:D

·
6,603 Posts
Roger that. I'll call my broker today to see what they have to say... after that I'll call Hagerty directly. I am sick of getting ass raped for insurance on a car I drive once a week.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
The other great thing about a broker if you really want to save $$$ & be somewhat of a PITA you can keep fire & theft on all the time. Then just call the office a day ahead to say your driving it for the weekend. On Monday back to fire & theft. They don't want everyone doing it but my guy (known the family 20 years) just requires I leave a message stating when I want it on or off. I did it a couple times & then thought that was being pretty Cheap on my end, so I don't do it anymore. I did have one claim for dust in my parking garage & they were very generous with the $$ for a comple buff & wax from my choice of shops. Brokers can be very helpful when a problem arises.

·
6,603 Posts
Well my broker says they carry Hagerty. I am waiting to hear back about what hoops I have to jump through. I can only imagine what I am going to do with all of the extra loot in my pocket if this works out.

·
blank
2,898 Posts
No hoops Mike, rather painless. If you want more than 1 Mill liab you just have to prove it is on existing policies.

·
6,603 Posts
Okay got my quote in and it seems high compared to others shown here? :dunno:

87 Buick: Value $20K, Rate = Antique, $300 deductible, $1M liability = $200/yr

87 Chev: Value $12K, Rate = Antique, $300 deductible, $1M liability = $120/yr

Then there is the $40 fee for Hagerty Plus and $40 for the Hagerty Fee (just because?).

Works out to $400/yr which is fine.

Thoughts?

·
blank
2,898 Posts
Sounds about right to me. I found their policies to be the most reasonable use wise.
after $800/month for 5 cars with young drivers slotting in as principals seems cheap.

PS: some "restrictions" are not enforceable

Pirate Code - YouTube

·
6,603 Posts
Sounds about right to me. I found their policies to be the most reasonable use wise.
after $800/month for 5 cars with young drivers slotting in as principals seems cheap.

PS: some "restrictions" are not enforceable

Pirate Code - YouTube
I am going to try to dump the Hagerty Plus bit as it is roadside assistance etc... and we already have two CAA Gold memberships.

PS. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6OvsJqimfg&feature=endscreen]The code is the law - YouTube[/ame]

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.