Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a easy way to gut a cat? and I don't mean a furry one.Got to keep the smog coppers visually happy. :D

·
Registered
579 Posts
long skrewdriver and a small hammer. It will breakup the stuff inside. Just shake out the pieces.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Lots of dust and crap will come out of that bad boy when you do it. I think I beat mine into a box that caught all the stuff. Might want to put on a simple dust mask to be safe. Prepare for a boost increase!

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
Broom stick it.

You DO NOT want to inhale that "dust"... it is platnium and is very toxic (think of what it has been collecting since day one). Run some water inside the cat before you hit it... and while you are hitting it and into a bucket with about 1" of water to start.

Watch for the boost increase 1-3psi... depending on the style, age and condition of the cat you are gutting. headbang

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
I used a large jack handle and just pounded it through. It took about 10 minutes and it was all gone (out the other side).

You may want to consider having a pipe welded through on the inside to maximize flow through there and cut down on some of the noise a 'hollow' cat can produce... powersix

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Actually I think you can hold your breath in the amount of time it takes to gut a stock cat. :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
yeah and the tiny stuff that sticks to your upper lip will just wash away the next time you have a drink!! :D :D :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts