Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm giving the black car the nite off from T and T tonite as I already have it dailed in for this weekends racing. I'm taking the blue Camaro tonite and beating on it. 1980 Z28...350 engine...stock heads...stock compression...280H cam...dual plane aluminum intake...600 Hoiley single feed...true dual exhaust...3.08 rear gear. Closest one to my ET wins 10mm wires with separators from my GN...as I'm replacing them with RM wires.

Attachments

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bad habit of collecting them I guess. Here's the 85 IROC.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Time

With that big Monster cam in there I'll go 16.9 :cheers:

·
Registered
490 Posts
I actually like that body style was the hot ticket when I was in high school I graduated 1980......
Those 3.08 gears are going to make it tough, 15.95

·
Registered
684 Posts
Brad, can you tell us if your running a street tire, drag radial or slick? Tear speed or auto?
I had an 80 with a stick, same color combo.........that car was bunch of fun!
I think the 80-81's were a breath of fresh air in an era that really desired some styling......the Air Induction was a neat touch as well.....it was functional as well folks! I know the older guys know that, but the younger crowd may not.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Brad, can you tell us if your running a street tire, drag radial or slick? Tear speed or auto?
I had an 80 with a stick, same color combo.........that car was bunch of fun!
I think the 80-81's were a breath of fresh air in an era that really desired some styling......the Air Induction was a neat touch as well.....it was functional as well folks! I know the older guys know that, but the younger crowd may not.
Hey you can't be asking questions:rolleyes: thats unfair advantage:wink:

Kevin:cheers:

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok guys...here ya' go. Things I forgot to mention are street tires...open diff...stock exhaust manifolds...and automatic. Made five runs...and pedaled it through first gear to a 15.7 at 88. Had to laugh...RPM's goin' through the traps with the 3.08 gears were only 4,000.

Attachments

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts