Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoJnCW6o-aA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoJnCW6o-aA[/ame]

here's a video of my GTR in Atco vs a supercharged V8 M3 i ran 10.70 @ 131 while the M3 did 11.1 @ 125?

·
Blue T Chrome trim
519 Posts
I might have to buy that car off you. I love it more and more everytime I see it. ;):cheers:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nice run!!!!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
atco..

The M3 owner is Steve (lost marine) real nice guy and a car nut like us he destroyed me on the first run he did low 11s and i did high 12s as i forgot to set my tranny on full auto mode:D His car is all murdered out black with carbon fiber roof and sounded mean with the factory V8 and ESS blower. He will be in Atco track rental on the 18th along with most of his buddies.

·
Dr. Nehi
1,011 Posts
That's awesome.

Remind me what you've done to the GTR. I love those cars.

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
So was the GTR's tune tweaked because I thought the best it went at the MAGNA track rental was 11.0-11.1? Was the launch control RPMs bumped up?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gtr

So was the GTR's tune tweaked because I thought the best it went at the MAGNA track rental was 11.0-11.1? Was the launch control RPMs bumped up?
nope and it's freakin frustrating whether footbrakin or launch control it will only go to 2100 and it feels like nothin in there just air:D i have seen some GTR does 4100 to 4500 rpm launchin it:eek!:

·
aka Street Lethal...
268 Posts
swoosh said:
nope and it's freakin frustrating whether footbrakin or launch control it will only go to 2100 and it feels like nothin in there just air:D i have seen some GTR does 4100 to 4500 rpm launchin it:eek!:
Those were the 2009 models, the VDC was programmed from the factory for a 4500-RPM bonzai blast, but were soon recalled. Some guys didn't bother to bring them in for reprogramming, though...

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Thats my big pet-peeve with a lot of new cars...in some cases the CAR decides whats best rather than the driver. :rant:

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
gtr

the video was actually before our Magna rental

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
gte...

What's done to the GTR?
Just the basics that will support future max upgrade including internals,tranny,and turbos. We did the Cobb port, Pro-Efi flex fuel system (e-85 or pump gas),up pipes,catless midpipes and resonator,boost activated downpipe,two fuel pumps,1100 ID injectors, and some other small stuff plus a brand new 2012 tranny replacement from the factory. It is now getting a pair of new actuators to hold boost more than the factory set up and she will be ready for the 10/18/12 Atco track rental:cheers:

·
aka Street Lethal...
268 Posts
swoosh said:
Just the basics that will support future max upgrade including internals,tranny,and turbos. We did the Cobb port, Pro-Efi flex fuel system (e-85 or pump gas),up pipes,catless midpipes and resonator,boost activated downpipe,two fuel pumps,1100 ID injectors, and some other small stuff plus a brand new 2012 tranny replacement from the factory. It is now getting a pair of new actuators to hold boost more than the factory set up and she will be ready for the 10/18/12 Atco track rental... :cheers:
Driver of the M3 says he was only running 6-psi, and will be ready for you if you show up, although he has quite a few people he is racing that day. Might take a ride down there to check it out...

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rental 10/18/12

Driver of the M3 says he was only running 6-psi, and will be ready for you if you show up, although he has quite a few people he is racing that day. Might take a ride down there to check it out...
that will be nice i will have the GTR and the Calamari to have fun with the Europeans finest (tuned 63s and Ms). I expect the GTR to see low 10s this time and the Calamari to dip into the 9s since we found out why she was breakin up on wot it's the damn stud where the rockers and pushrod attached to :eek!: i'm not sure who else is comin but this will be a fun day and cooler too.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
gtr

i keep on reviewing the video on full screen and just seen something cool the GTR is puking flames!

·
aka Street Lethal...
268 Posts
He's running a very nice Vortech, if he ups it to 15-psi he should give you a very decent run. Damn nice car he's got there. Dude sounds a lot like Mike the Situation from Jersey Shore...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4ByEhP0o_O]How to flow test and inspect your methanol kit-Simple method, prior to going on the road - YouTube[/ame]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.