Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AAAAUGH I CAN'T WIN!! The wonderful Dynotech trans in my Grand Prix just completely quit while I was out to lunch. After letting it sit a few minutes (at an intersection), it banged its way a half a block to a parking lot. Now I have to get it towed home from Newtown to Conshohocken. :rant: :rant: :rant:

I am SO SORRY I EVER went there to get it rebuilt. Not even 50,000 miles since the rebuild.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
OOF.....disregard the last part of my post in the other thread. Something tells me that car won't be going back to Manville. If there's something else I can do to help lemme know.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had it towed to the Buick dealer behind my house - I still think it may just be the torque converter..I mean it went from fine to dead very quickly.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dealer found metal in the trans fluid...not good. I think the torque convertor went - service manager at dealer whose been there for at least 8 years now sounds like he *maybe* knows what a transmission is.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I figured it out. I thought about it and it makes sense now - Intense Racing Gen II Limited-Slip Differential!!!! Known to fail (much less than 50k nonetheless) and dump metal shavings all over the place. Great!! At least the trans case didn't grenade.

I have an e-mail into Dynotech just to see what he says. Not expecting them to fix it or anything just asking for advice.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PS - It made sense to me when I realized it started acting up as soon as I made a hard turn.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I'll ask Eric to make sure to check his email when I get in tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Heard anything more about the trans/LSD? I guess you'll be holding off a bit on the snout replacement...mine is getting louder by the day.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
*sigh* I decided one way or another I'm going to fix it. I'm half tempted to tow it home and look at it myself first though - I hate going by what other people say. If anything I can take the LSD and throw it through Intense's window. If in fact they have a $3500 window I can throw it through :D

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aaron if/when I do get the trans fixed I'll have to do the snout too. I'm not sure how far away you are from me but if you want, when I'm ready you can bring your GTP down and we'll do them both. I'm about 20-30 minutes from the Bensalem Hooters if that gives you an idea. I'll prob order mine from ZZ performance.

Jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.