Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dont visit foreign SITES
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a few places that the GTA rear rim will fit on the rear of the G-Body using a 1/2" spacer. Is that accurate info?
Do the wheel studs need to be changed to longer ones?

·
Post Ho
3,628 Posts
Yes you will need longer studs if you use a 1/2' spacer.Some use this method with no problems and I did for a while too.But once I had a bad experience using that type of spacer.It shifted and sheered off 3 studs and I almost lost a wheel. :eek!: The 1/2" spacer will put the wheel out beyond the hub centric ring on the hub and the studs take the stress.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
use the search
answer is yes they need spacers to get rim to around 4" back space , how much less than 4"bs becomes a matter of taste , yes they need longer studs unless you are using adapters with studs

most guys who insist on running the front and rear gtas use the rear gtas on the front with longer studs and spacers
you could run rears on rears but IMOH you shouldnt run spacers on the back unless you like chasing after your wheels

sell the rears and buy another pair of fronts

·
Dont visit foreign SITES
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks I think I will hold off..... I was thinking of swapping the rims from my GTA and buying rims for that car....You guys saved me alot of money
-thanx

·
Keep the Rubber Side Down
1,161 Posts
As stated put the rears on the front. I have front 1" spacers with studs, no problems. These were bought off Ebay - they are sold for Corvettes - I turned them to fit our disks.

I believe that ANY CAR with tapered lugs (ours included) have LUGCENTRIC wheels - where the lugs "center" the wheel and yield 100% of the stress induced by the wheel.

For a HUBCENTRIC wheel, look at a Ford F150 - FLAT lugs, and the wheels have STEEL centers that fit tightly on the disk or drum.

Good luck finding anyone to

a) buy just rears.

b) sell just fronts. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
734 Posts
I run GTA front wheels on the rear of my T with a 1" spacer and the GTA rear wheels on the front of the car with a 1.25" spacer. The BS is perfect with no rubbing and the wheels don't have that weird tucked look in the rear. AFAIC, they sit in the wheelwells perfectly. Just my $.02 :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts