Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Save me from myself!
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My TA-49 sounds painful above 10psi. Since it's looking like it's time for a new turbo I need information about the GT turbos. Looking on full throttle's website it seems the GT67 would be all I'd really ever need for my car. High 6s in the 1/8 like a 6.90 would be fine by me. I'd need more like 6.7s to keep up with the SVT Cobras in this town. I've not found much information on the 67s though and would like thoughts/opinions. Correct me if I"m wrong, w/o ported heads I"m thinking the 67 isn't going to be much different than the 61. From what I've found on the 61 searching, it's a good all around turbo that can live with a decent stall. I'm going to have to buy new injectors/chip/convertor anyways so lets here what you got to say about it. If anything, we could use more information typed down about the GT turbos b/c there wasn't much in the search.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Get your ta49 rebuilt into what you want(ta61,etc)

Ive used these guys for my last few turbo builds www.forcedinductions.com Jose and Jason will not only take care of your needs,they also will give the best price.Theyve got a ton of experience and know their $hit. :yup:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
why don't you talk to John Craig, or, Chopper at Limit Engineering and get the scoop straight from the horses' mouths? :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
I just got done installing a PT61 (GT6152) turbo on my dads 86 GN last week. Awesome turbo so far. Very quick spoolup with a 3200 stall, and it pulls very hard for only 20 psi through a stock intercooler. The rest of the car is the same setup as mine exept for the intercooler. I can't wait to install the front mount and see what she will do. I think on a lighter car 6.80s may be doable but the 67 is where you want to go with around 3500 or so stall if you want consistant 6.70s. My buddy Tim (insane6) has this turbo and seems to love it so far :cool:

·
Save me from myself!
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve Wood said:
why don't you talk to John Craig, or, Chopper at Limit Engineering and get the scoop straight from the horses' mouths? :)

Was kinda wanting to see what different combos people had with em, and what they were doing at different boost levels. I did send a PM to Mike Licht who'll I'll probably buy from, and Don at Precision. I forgot all about sending them a message.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I went from the GT3255e and stock D-5 to the P trim PT67 with a 3500 10" converter and picked up 8 mph in the quarter on a stock unopened engine. I was running the 32 at 28# and now only run 25# with the PT67. There are good gains up top to be had with the 67 even with unported heads.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm at 114 right now with little tuning and I'm also at 5500 feet of elevation. I'm sure it has more in it. I'm not sure what my altitude corrected speed would be but it has to be at least a couple of mph.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts