Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Master Plumber
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to get a hold of them lately? They used to be great and answer the phone right away. Now I can't get a hold of them. Ever since they made some kind of change to their company, they've been horrible. I can't even get a hold of someone to add my car. I can't set up the thing online because I'm missing info.

I used to be able to call them and add and remove cars so easily. Now it's a huge pain in the balls. Any advice?

·
Buick Turbo Performance
2,058 Posts
Same problem here, I had a hell of a time switching the Malibu over from where it was insured previously. That was last September I believe after Philadelphia Insurance took over this was the company that did all the underwriting for Grundy.

I switched recently both cars over to Hagerty, I had my policy due for renewal with Grundy and I never received a call, email, or policy renewal through the mail. I forgot about it because every year they just emailed me a bill and I paid it on-line, this year I did not receive one but they did send me a statement saying my policy's were dropped due to nonpayment this was in June, both policy's were due April :eek!:. When I called to find out what happened they said its in the system to be billed but the bill was never sent out yet they sent the non-payment cancellation. How can I pay for something I have not been billed for :dunno:

If they are that disorganized I don't want to rely on them if I ever need to.
Switch to Haggerty tell them you are coming from Grundy they have a stream lined process for that. Good Luck

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
Dear Valued Policyholder
Since acquiring Grundy Worldwide in 2005, Philadelphia Insurance
Companies (“PHLY”) has partnered with Jim Grundy and his staff to
administer our Collector Car insurance program. While we appreciate
Jim’s work on our behalf, effective October 20, 2011, you will now
work directly with PHLY for all your Collector Car insurance needs.
We have dedicated Collector Car Customer phone numbers as follows:
Collector Vehicle
Customer Service

Collector Vehicle
Claim Reporting
800.765.9749 / fax 800.685.9238

We are also excited to announce that you have the ability to
receive and pay for your policy online. We will be mailing out your
renewal approximately 45 days prior to the effective date of your policy.
At that time, you will receive instructions on how to view and pay for
the policy online. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
We look forward to being of service to you!
Sincerely,
Collector Vehicle Support Team
GRUNDY WORLDWIDE
A division of Philadelphia Insurance Companies

there have been numerous posts on the fact that customer service took a nose dive ...Remember Grundy was a family owned business who cared about its customers..they only insure about 1000 cars...so it is a very small market for the insurance giant..

Philadelphia Insurance and Grundy Restore Collector Car Partnership - Yahoo! News

·
Master Plumber
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ed. Man they are a mess! I think the same thing happened to me. My policy terminated and they never told me. I got sick of being on hold so I called Philly Indemnity and they informed me that my policy expired. Idiots! I'll call haggerty today.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
If you guys have an insurance agent for your daily drivers, particularly an independent agent (not one tied to a specific company like Allstate or State Farm), you may want to give them a call and see if they have any options for you. Not only do a lot of independent agents sell the typical collector insurance companies (Hagerty/Grundy)(I believe it doesn't cost you any more but you'll end up with a single point of contact), in addition I'm finding out now that even some non-collector companies are offering collector insurance. Chubb I know is one of them.

Speaking from someone that works in an independent agency :) (Disclaimer: I'm NOT an agent myself)

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
If you guys have an insurance agent for your daily drivers, particularly an independent agent (not one tied to a specific company like Allstate or State Farm), you may want to give them a call and see if they have any options for you. Not only do a lot of independent agents sell the typical collector insurance companies (Hagerty/Grundy)(I believe it doesn't cost you any more but you'll end up with a single point of contact), in addition I'm finding out now that even some non-collector companies are offering collector insurance. Chubb I know is one of them.

Speaking from someone that works in an independent agency :) (Disclaimer: I'm NOT an agent myself)
Up here it's called a 19A Policy with agreed payout & I just call my broker anytime. Known the family 20 years & I trust them more since they don't work for 1 large corporation & handle all my policies. I can put it on or take it back to fire & theft anytime I like & I always speak with the same guy.
Makes it a lot more personal as we shoot the chit & I know he has my back (best he can) if something happens.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Might want to compare American Modern Insurance Group.

Kelli

·
Registered
71 Posts
I insure two cars with Amercian Collectors. I haven't had much experience with their customer service yet, but they did save me quite a bit of money over MetLife.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I use JC Taylor. They have a booth at Englishtown and Carlisle swap meets. Never had a problem yet, but never had to make a claim either.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I have used American Collectors out of Cherry Hill for several years now. I have never made a claim but I am very satisfied with their customer service. They are always very pleasant when I call to add/remove a car or whatever...plus you get to talk with a human!

Too bad about Grundy. There are too many players in the game to treat your customers poorly. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
If you haven't had any problems you're probably OK...Philadelphia insurance has been around for a bit and are well regarded (usually). Either way it never hurts to shop around...especially if your credit has gotten better than it was when you initially bought the policy.

(Holy crap these insurance nerds are rubbing off on me)

·
Master Plumber
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the dude from grundy emailed me proof of insurance. I wrote him back telling him that philly indem told me my policy was cancelled. he told me that he reinstated it and i would get a bill in the mail. no bill yet. i guarantee if i had a claim a few weeks ago i would have been beat. it's a shame, i really liked using a local company but not at the risk of possibly getting bent over. a company that doesn't even have the gumption to send out their renewals is probably screwed up in other places as well.

i called hagerty and the dude was really cool. got someone on the phone right away, and they also will most likely insure my 98 TJ (grundy shot it down) for peanuts. and my cars that are parked/not driving or running. thanks ed.

it's funny how all of the posts on here say 'never had a claim'. what a racket insurance is. i pay out about $25k in insurance every year and don't make claims on my buildings for fear of getting my rates jacked. once i had appliances stolen and i asked out of curiosity and they told me i was beat. i've probably paid that company $50k+ in insurance over the past 9 years. damn.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts