Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a new project and was busy pulling off the bumpers,fillers lights etc and taking a part reinforcement from outer shell and the impact strip and I did not break one stud or bolt...why did GM have to put so many [email protected] bolts on a bumper...any way I must have powerwashed about 25lbs of MUD from the reinforcement..also found a nice spiders nest :D

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
:npics:
I DEMAND PICS OF THE MUD...And your new pet :crazy:

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
all the hardware weigh's more than the bumper :D mud ???? nahhhh don't need that :sw:

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts
I've got a bag of extra bumper bolts that weights about 5 pounds. :)

·
It's me, really
1,892 Posts
I remember dropping the bumpers to put alum reinforcements in. I lowered it onto my chest and had a difficult time rolling it off. And you're right, there are a gazillion speednuts on the back. Took 20 minutes to break it down. :crazy:

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JohnLarkin said:
I remember dropping the bumpers to put alum reinforcements in. I lowered it onto my chest and had a difficult time rolling it off. And you're right, there are a gazillion speednuts on the back. Took 20 minutes to break it down. :crazy:
I had the car on my lift and then had a parts horse to drop it on to...but your right they weigh a ton

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
i couldnt beleive the difference from a stock bumper with the huge supports attatched and my glass bumpers with aluminum supports.

i expected a big savings but not that big

1 - 7 of 7 Posts