Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to find out where the grille springs connect to hold out the grille, they werent on my car and im trying to put it back together. Does anybody have a picture or can tell me where they hook? Thanks for any help dunno :confused: ugh

·
MASTER GM TECH
676 Posts
yup hes right.
i just put my grille back in and had to remove front bumper for best access. angrymou
springs big hooks go into bumper holes and then smaller ones to the notches on reaward lower grille sides.
if your bumper is still on unclip the barrier in the intercooler air path that keeps rad heat seperate.
from there under car you'll see the spots the springs go too.
ps...my car looks better now that the grille and headlamp bezels are black and not faded to grey!
a little work,steel wool and a rattle can can go a long way!!
headbang

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
should not have to remove the bumper...should be able to reach from the bottom and hook them.

Sometimes they are not very tight and may jump off at times...I put a piece of wire around one end and fastened it to something so it would not be lost if it came unhooked on one of my cars.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
The stock springs are very expensive, for a little spring. Like almost $20. Surely there is a replacement from ACE hardware or Pep Boys which will work, and not be quite as expensive. My grill has been missing one spring forever, but I've always got something better to spend $20 for, so I haven't fixed it. Anybody got a part number for a cheaper alternative?

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
I have a carburetor return spring on one side of mine. Not sure what it's from. I found it in an assortment draw at a friends parts store years ago.

·
Registered
633 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
you shouldn't have to go to e-bay for a spring?just go to auto zone,pep boys or any other car center in your area,go to the help section(you know where all packages are red)they have springs get 2 and go hook them up... eek!

·
Lotsa G-Body Parts
1,411 Posts
Hey Jeff don't feel bad about buying them off of me on Ebay.We sell a set a week on there.Give me a call or if you I get time this week I'll yank a grill & photo shop it.
Hey you could just take telephone wires wrap around your finger & make an endless supply of them.Heat up a coat hanger & wrap it around a pipe.Alot of different options.Doesn't mean they'd be original or last.Some people want original other don't.For the price they go for on ebay oh well...
Jeff you did 1 hell of a job on restoring that WE-4 bud.You should post some pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts