Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Resident Embraer Driver
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It only took 26 days to get but what can you do. The newer version of this is much easier to put in, fits better with no trimming of the shroud and comes with all the hoses needed. Took two hours to put in. I like it.

Joe

------------------
1986 Grand National
TA-49, 009's, Hooker cat back, 3' BGC Downpipe with ported elbow and all the other usual stuff

·
Registered
349 Posts
Is the stock intercooler fan still used with the V4? Whenever my car goes down for the motor/tranny swap I'm thinking of getting rid of this front mount, & going with a V4. It gets too dang hot down here in the summer.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Throw that damn fan away....it just makes it hard to change belts.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
The fan fits fine with the V4 on my car.

I'd just throw that damm Steve Wood away....

Very nice unit that V4.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Sure, just because I am a senior citizen, my existence serves no purpose in your life any more.

I hope the hell I soak up all your social security benefits!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Well mine would be here "BUT" I asked that it be shipped to my work address & guess what" It was shipped to my house & there is no one there to receive it" So Ill probley not get it.Some people just dont listen" Even when they say No problem" So ill probley be looking for one again on the parts for sale sec again!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
well, the shipping company should be holding it at the local depot for a few days...or, did they leave it and it disappeared?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Hey Granny" Did you have to do any modifations to the scoupe? Or was it a R&R deal? Removal of the cooling fans really nessessary? Ill be installing mine tomorrow. Any tips?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I found the best thing to do is move the unit higher or lower into or out of the hoses for best fit.

Joe

------------------
1986 Buick Grand National
TA-49 Turbo, 42.5lb 009 injectors, Hooker cat back, Charged Air Systems V4 Intercooler, BGC 3'' Downpipe with ported elbow and all the other usual stuff.
Buick, Go fast with class

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
No one said you have to remove the fan! You been taking reading lessons from Zap?

I merely said the fan is an useless appendage somewhat like your head. If you believe it, in its unshrouded state, pulls any quantiy of air thru the IC, then, my good man (term used to make you feel better about what you are so obviously lacking), you are a candidate for a visit from the Tooth Fairy. I would start looking under my pillow every morning for a shiny new quarter.

If you take it off, it will be easier to change the belt and the engine will be capable of slightly faster acceleration due to the reduction in rotating mass.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Steve" Who are you bitching at? If its me" There again " You need to proof read cause i said COOLING fan" Not IC fan. Good thing you arn't a teacher!
Speaking of rotating mass" Have you done a turnaround in front of the mirror?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Oh, now you want faqs? You cannot shackle me with da faqs and you better not try turning that q around and shackling me with them, either!

I would be a damn good teacher..you woulda larned how to spell dem words if'n I bin thar!

With regard to rotating mass, my instant center of kinetic energy is probably closer to the belly button than yours even if I take away Zap as your handicap. Now if you insist upon crossing swords with the Master, I shall inflict Tiny Tim, oops, Turbo Tim, on you like a snake on water thereby making you forever ingrateful.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Originally posted by Steve Wood:
Throw that damn fan away....it just makes it hard to change belts.
yeah i know. that made changing the belt all that much more fun!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts