Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View attachment 58226
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Super excited, tons of mods to learn about, 1986 TTop with 15 in snowflake style wheels, wondered if those were stock, look forward to talking Buick's with everyone.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Engine bay

Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Auto part Automotive super charger part Titanium

·
Darth your car is ready!
326 Posts
Welcome aboard.:cheers:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes it is hydrolicly brake assisted, seems to brake very well, it has roll up windows, concert sound II, still figuring out its options, need wheel caps and fillers soon to come.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol.....yep it's alcoholic but it seems to just flood out uncontrollably as soon as the system is turned on.....I got the car to a fellow named Paul at SouthEast Turbo, Dallas GA, gonna straighten that stuff out...he seems to know his stuff...been doing GN's for the last 15 years. Can't wait to get it back....hey if anybody knows, are the 15 inch snowflakes wheels a stock option for 1986. Thanks!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Those wheels were not options - more likely came from a Trans Am. These were often added to appear similar to GNX rims. Nice car.:cheers:

·
Registered
94 Posts
nice ride

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice car! If the rims are 15in they are most likely the ones that Kirban's and some other places sold a while ago. I think they were made by enkie/ARE. If they are 16in theyre probably off of a GTA.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Well just an update, Ive learned alot about my car the last few days, I have also spent days and hours learning how to tune the OBD1 through the ScanMaster,TurboLink and the Turbo Tweak programable chip. I had the pleasure of speaking with the person who owned the car 5 years ago, very informative and he said the man that built my engine and transmission was Robert Stanley of Greensboro, SC interesting cause I just learned of him by watching the movie "Black Air" Awesome!!! My mods are a 2800 stall, built transmissions with all the goodies, shaved polished and ported heads, HV oil pump, Turbonetics CTP60-1' turbo , 60lbs injectors , 340 Walbro hot wired, accufab pressure regulator, 3 in down pipe, new exhaust, turbonetics evolution waste gate, 212 212 cam, eagle crank, turbo tweak chip, ALKY progressive system, 8.5mm MSD wires, LS1 MAF.:headbang: I look forward to getting this car running again well after its been sitting a while. I'm sure I will be scratching my head again soon....currently I'm looking for a translator at a good price for the LS1 MAF I just ordered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds like a nice car! I too just got my first GN with many mods to figure out.

If the Alky pump is more than 3 years old it's probably a good idea to buy a new one or send it to Alkycontrol and have it rebuilt. My car sat for 5 years before I bought it so I ordered a new pump and will keep the old one to have it rebuilt so the car is never down. The alky is very hard on the pumps internally.

I'm waiting for my LT1 MAF and translator. I guess they get behind on making the translators at Full Throttle. So my car is down right now.

These cars are awesome rides but theirs a lot to learn.

Enjoy it and have fun with it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I picked mine up at a Turbo Regal speed shop, I can find out if they have more than one translator, I went with the Ls1 maf for the heck if it, keep in touch, let me know how things progress with your GN.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice car! If the rims are 15in they are most likely the ones that Kirban's and some other places sold a while ago. I think they were made by enkie/ARE. If they are 16in theyre probably off of a GTA.
Guess what they are Enkie 15's, great call, after I heard some noise I took off the wheel and found this...
Wheel Automotive tire Alloy wheel Wood Red

1 - 20 of 21 Posts