Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted everyone to know that yesterday a friend of mine came over and looked at the car and we changed out the coil pack and modual and re-timed the cam. When we started the car up, there was no popping and it only died due to the vacuum leak. The second time we started it, the engine would idle rough but catch when it wanted to die. After it warmed up a little the idle got smooth. We stopped the engine and I let it cool down. I then restarted it and got the same results, rough at first then smoothed out after the engine warmed. There is still a vac leak, where, I still cannot find but at least the engine runs now. He did say that the engine was put together really well, and that Red really knows his stuff. Oh, we also changed the oil (we did that first) and put a magnet in the oil as it drained. There were no metal filings what so ever. He said it was a good sign and that the car sounds like it didn't wipe the cam. Also, the fan still won't come on, I still don't know why on that one.

I would like to thank everybody for helping me on this. You guys really helped me out, even when I was trashing somebody. You all have taught me something more than just GN's. Thanks all

I would also like apologize to anybody that I might have angered.

·
Turbo Buick Tweaker
1,125 Posts
sounds like your on a roll now

I havent gotten around to giving you a ring just yet but you can call if you want.

after this weekend my family situation should stop hogging up alot of my time and I'll be available alot more.

so what did you'll do with the cam timing now :dunno:

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Nice to see you got it running. :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RED, I'm glad to see you getting back into the saddle again. Like I said, I know what you are going through and wouldn't wish these problems on my worst enemy.

My friend and I just used the cam tool to re-set the cam timing, making sure that it was timed right.

I would rather wait until you have the time to call. Sometimes I over do it and I don't realize it.

So, what do you think could be the cause of the vac leak? Could I have bought an intake manifold with a crack in it? That would suck, especially since you did a great job on the porting. Let me know what you think

·
Turbo Buick Tweaker
1,125 Posts
I woulda found a crack when porting it most likely .

Like mentioned after this weekend the worst will be over and I'll have alot more time on my hands

I'll surely find it if you havent gotten it by then

time to put evtbs back on the map :headbang:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts