Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hydra Station Supervisor
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was thinking of putting in a glasspack muffler but after reading a earlier thread I don't think it will do. So do any of you have good ideas on a good muffler to put in a N/A V6 Regal? Also I do not want to spend 50+ $ on a super fancy muffler like Ricers would.

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
Buick Runner said:
Well I was thinking of putting in a glasspack muffler but after reading a earlier thread I don't think it will do. So do any of you have good ideas on a good muffler to put in a N/A V6 Regal? Also I do not want to spend 50+ $ on a super fancy muffler like Ricers would.
Glass packets suck..Flowmaster 40 series or a Dynmax

·
Hydra Station Supervisor
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. :yup:

·
Deltona: Peace At Last...
568 Posts
Go Here: http://www.walkerexhaust.com/catalog/vehicletypescrn.asp

I'm pretty sure all you have is a single exhaust system. I'm not sure if Flowmaster or Dynomax makes a direct fit OEM style muffler. Chances are they don't. If you want to stick with OEM get a walker, (they own Dynomax).

Or if you want to spend a little money do a Hooker catback. That'll bolt on after the catalytic converter, (you might as well get a good after-market catalytic converter while you're at it).

Check out this thread it comments alot on mufflers:

http://www.turbobuicks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50156&page=1&pp=15

·
Hydra Station Supervisor
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will a cheap turbo muffler like a Thrush be a good enough? Magnaflow does make a direct-fit high flow cat for the N/A V6 Regals :D but the cat back system like Hooker's hook up to a tubro type cat which has different style pipe hookups flanges than N/A cats so I would probably have a shop change the flange on the kit from a turbo type to a N/A type flange. Or I could just cut the tubro type flange section off the kit and clamp on the old N/A type flange would that work?

·
Deltona: Peace At Last...
568 Posts
Buick Runner said:
Will a cheap turbo muffler like a Thrush be a good enough?
On an N/A they 're fine.

Buick Runner said:
Magnaflow does make a direct-fit high flow cat for the N/A V6 Regals :D but the cat back system like Hooker's hook up to a turbo type cat which has different style flanges than N/A cats so I would probably have a shop change the flange on the kit from a turbo type to a N/A type flange.
This is true. But there might be a way around this. They do sell the Ball flange type adapter kit on Summit. This is what comes on most N/A's out from the cat. I'd get the new Magnaflow cat first then take it from there. :yup:

Buick Runner said:
Or I could just cut the turbo type flange section off the kit and clamp on the old N/A type flange would that work?
Save the old cat and exhaust pipe's flange just in case. Forget clamping. Only welding will do if you have to get drastic. :crazy:

·
Hydra Station Supervisor
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Freddie you have been alot of help to me. :yup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just put a thrush turbo muffler on mine , it sounds good and the price was right 19.99 at advanced auto, I run only a single since I deleted the cat and went with a 2 1/2 exhaust that exits in front of the passenger side rear tire, looks half way decent to.

·
Hydra Station Supervisor
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I live in NJ and the law here says I got to keep the cat :rolleyes: but I will be getting a high flow cat to replace the stock one. Thanks for reply abot your Thrush muffler. :yup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts