Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You Guys remember the good times we used to have with our cars,go to the track enjoy each others company race each other and help one another not bashing each other,things have changed,and all this is due to two gentlemen on this board,now you have an opportunity to take back your buick community by posting on this board that you are not going to take anymore of this BS from them,let them know that their crap is not welcome here, they can take it to another board.

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
I agree 150% !!!! bring this board back to what it was . You new guys are missing out on a wealth of knowledge and people who are great people who you can share the enjoyment of this hobby.these people do not even want to post on this board any longer due to the fact of what it has turned into ! Take your ****ing BS elsewhere or start your own board ! i know for a fact i speak for a lot of people who were once very active members .your bs and antics are no longer welcomed ...its time to move on !

·
Registered
114 Posts
etobicoke gn

I must say, I' m new to this board and new to the whole Buick GN craze.I have met some great people through this board and spent/had some wonderful encounters.I can't coment on how certain people have acted or posted,because I'm a relative newbie.However life is too short,and I want to suround myself with good people with good intentions.So far I love my
(these cars)and the people that I have met are really COOL too.For those of you which have issues with one another,get over it and lets have some good times!:6:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have been in the mustang scene for the last 10 years. Everybody helps each other out. From various shops, From the East end to the West end. If somebody gets beat on the quarter mile so be it. Comeback the next time stronger and better. Since being a proud buick owner for almost 2 years now. I have never scene so much hatred towards other people on the board or in our local area. I never knew it was a crime to go to somebody else to have them work on your vehicle without being called a back stabber. Such a pity this stupidness goes on. Especially from grown adults.
Big props to guys like Jamaican Paul, Bill, Norbs etc. Who take the time out to help people with buicks. Instead of feuding one against the other and wishing their car blows up when going down the quarter mile.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
The good old days were quite fun, we did enjoy track days and gatherings.

Do I miss it.... Yes.

I rarely even visit here anymore because this section is like a running advertisement
for National Racing, or there is plain and Simple Crap being posted.

I don't blame the Members for not wanting to post here.... they even get blasted for Lurking.....

I've taken a lot of Flak on this board over the years, and I've tried to take the
High road, even when they drive past my house and flip me and my kids off....

I hope this thread changes this board, for the sake of the younger generation
that are just starting to own these cars and for the rest of us who just want to help each other and share the passion.

I hope the day comes where you can post your Build progress without fear of insult because you have no plans to drag race....

Lastly, I have to agree with the above posters that enough is enough, these guys need to stop with the BS or move along.....:mad:

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Board back

You guys got your board back! Good luck!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I completely agree with all... it has been ridiculous what has been going on... can't believe people have to lurk because it is just not worth it anymore to get involved, but .... we have to get involved to make a change so I give it up to all who post here in this thread and say what they feel... hope many more weigh in and lets take this board back. I remember giving away many hours and parts to many people on this board for years only to be told I'm an idiot by the very same guy that tries to convince everyone he knows everything and we are all idiots... this bs has to stop.

:headbang::cheers::6:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
You Guys remember the good times we used to have with our cars,go to the track enjoy each others company race each other and help one another not bashing each other,things have changed,and all this is due to two gentlemen on this board,now you have an opportunity to take back your buick community by posting on this board that you are not going to take anymore of this BS from them,let them know that their crap is not welcome here, they can take it to another board.

I met so many FRIENDS through this Board, genuine good guys who would go out of their way for you, ask nothing in return and NEVER had anything bad to say about anyone else. This spirit of generosity instinctively prompted you to do the same and in many ways the Board was like a family. We used to share ideas, beers and "known good" engine parts so all would benefit and feel welcomed. No one judged you or your car - 9 second or 14 second didn't matter. When I think of all the Badass cars that I have seen...from Mike St. Eve's to Mike Ricketts to Fred's Camaro and so on.....NEVER did anyone one of them judge you or look down on you for having a lesser vehicle.

I MISS THOSE TIMES.

Enough of the toxic environment. When is the next Timmie's meet of the Good guys??:cheers:

Ravi

·
Where are my hands?
436 Posts
I have had nothing but positive experiences with the people I have met since owning my Buick. It seems the only time that sh*t goes sideways is on the board.

My car ain’t a rocket ship but it’s mine and I have it set up the way I want it. If a guy wants to take a Low mileage GNX and stuff a 30’s Caddy V16 in it with 4 turbos who cares it’s his car.

I enjoy meeting guys and seeing what they have done with their Buick. I don’t feel a need to voice an opinion if it’s not warranted.

Let them eat cake!

·
fantasy tuner/investor
4,035 Posts
I agree some members are bashing each other for silly reasons, and its just making life difficult for everyone else to have peace on here. Sometimes comments can be taken the wrong way and the bad impressions of individuals can result. Get rid of the bashing and this will be a much "happier" place.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Thanks Paul!!! Someone needed to start this thread!!! :cheers:

Ravi you said it very well!! I know a few Mike's lurk as many others do & won't get involved in the Garbage that somehow passes for post's here these days! I've been at this since 88 & have seen many come & go but one thing I do know for sure is that there are some Really Great People here!!!
Now maybe they will come back & join in the FUN instead of Name Calling cuz you don't do this or that!!
F**K are we 8 years old?????????

Let's get a Timmies meet together again & maybe one day we can head to Cayuga to race or spectate (whatever you like) at a Real Track that cares about Safety & not just the Gate $$$
I want a Timeslip when I run my car!! :yup:

Again, Thanks Paul!!!! Old Wise One! :wink: :cheers:

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Count me in. Use the forums for what they're for, supporting the hobby.
Trash talk has it's place, face to face in good fun, not from behind a keyboard.
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts

Now we are the OLD Guys & we need to set an Example of what this place once was & what it can be!! :yup:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts

Now we are the OLD Guys & we need to set an Example of what this place once was & what it can be!! :yup:
Does this mean your going to be my hero again and go to the track almost every weekend like before??? :headbang:

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts

·
blank
2,898 Posts
I have been too embarrassed to call this board my home, spending my time elsewhere.

I would be thrilled to see a positive environment where folk like Mike R and Mike C
et al would be willing to share their knowledge.

I've been burned by boardmembers too, but have not made a lifetime goal of sniping about it. Unfortunately human nature has prevailed here to the point of embracing the lower common denominator.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

Everyone is welcome here, it is just time for a new standard of behavior.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts