Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a shout out to Ravi and Channer. Thank you guys! :cheers:
I have been trying to get my car on the road and have been having some problems. In my attempts to troubleshoot, I needed to check my parts against known good parts to rule out malfunctioning hardware. I really didn't want to buy all new parts blindly, hoping I would get lucky, so both Ravi and Dave have let me borrow their parts (sometimes right off their car) to test against mine.
(Tim A, Ron/Fuzzy, David D, M Mike, etc. Thanks as well)
Just wanted to say a LOUD THANK YOU !

This board has a bunch of great guys, who would give you the shirts off their backs is asked.

Still working on the problem, but hopefully I will figure it out soon. (Not much left to change out, and check.)

Paul

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Good show and good luck. :)

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
We have a Really Great group here in the Toronto areas. Always willing to help each other & thats what these cars & people are about, Going Fast with Class! :yup: :cheers:

·
fantasy tuner/investor
4,035 Posts
Quick Toy said:
I have been trying to get my car on the road and have been having some problems. Paul

What is the orginal problem?????????

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I tried to go to Cayuga last year, the car started acting up (Backfiring under boost, but only in user control spark advance mode) It ended up being a problem with the Translator. I sent it off to Bob and he made a mod to fix the problem.
Over the winter, I decided to replace my timing cover, while I was waiting for the trans to get back. When I got it back, the car wouldn't run. I talked to Bob again and he sent me a replacement chip for the Trans. Now the car starts, but runs bad, and the BLM's bottom out. I thought it might have been the cam sensor in wrong, but double checked it. I then thought FP regulator might be stuck. Took that apart. Checked TPS, Took out IAC and cleaned it, MAF? I'm in the process of checking it against a known good one. DS. disconnected it... no change. Swapped out ECM's, Tried different O2 sensors, Checked all my wiring. Shielded it, and grounded the shielding. Did a grounding mod to the MAF and Ignition module. Going to go over my grounds (block/frame.) Going to swap out coil packs, and alternator. I borrowed a good MAF and another Translator and will try that. Final step rewire and revert back to the old MAF setup sans Trans and see if it runs.

The car ran fine when I put it away last year, and I know everything is pointing to the Trans again... But I want to be sure I didn't mess up something when I had the timing cover off. (I also don't want to sent the Trans back and lose another month if it aint the problem)
I really want to dump this MAF setup and go speed density with the MAFTpro, but I want the car to be running right before I start messing with a new setup.

Hopefully by the weekend I will have it fixed, or at least know what it isnt.

Paul

·
fantasy tuner/investor
4,035 Posts
I have a answer for you it plugs in 3 minutes.........DFI. Your welcome to try one to see if it helps.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Hey Paul. Do me a favour. Check two things. Grounds at the back of the heads and the Connection where the Direct scan plugs to the ecm box. My did that sometimes and drove me to drink. I think your still running the dirrect scan .Do you have a file logged where it starts to miss? Let us know what happens.
Mike

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the offer Norbs, but I'm running 52lb injectors. I don't think you have a program for them.

Hey Mike.
Will do on the grounds. (it's on the list) I'm pretty sure DS isn't messing it up, but I'll disconnect it again. Kinda need it to see what's going on. (I recorded a file with the BLM's bottoming out. Can't drive it this way, so it's up on axle stands)

Paul

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
YEAH ! Fixed it :D
Ended up being a bad connector.
Now if the weather would clear...

Thanks again,
Paul :cheers:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Good news Paul!!!

What connector was bad?

·
fantasy tuner/investor
4,035 Posts
I can program any thing you want, just need an lm-1, rpm conveter and some patience!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mike, it was the old connector that goes from the MAF to the Trans.

Norbs,
Patience :sw: Boy have I tested mine over the last month. I do have the LM-1 and RPM converter, but it wasn't much use to me when I was trying to figure out what was wrong. :rolleyes:
I'm still interested in the MAFTpro setup and going speed density, WB AF control.

Paul

1 - 12 of 12 Posts