Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to this 2 months ago. Pretty cool if you go one time they send you a letter in the mail about the upcomming events and once you register your registered forever! They close down half of this street. Little old town. Lots of cool places to eat..

June 15 CRUISE 6 - 9 PM
Collingswood Cruise Night
Haddon Ave., Colingswood, NJ
Meet On N. Atlantic Ave. Behind Collinswood Community Center
Antiques, Classics, Customs, Motorcycles
Info: Collingswood Partners 856-858-9275 or Map Available At www.collingswood.com

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
me and devin might hitch a right with huber :D

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts
ajt86 said:
me and devin might hitch a right with huber :D
The Bus is pulling out at 5...Sharp!!! You and Ms D better call me soon!!! :D

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
sorry hoob- my heater core sprung a leak on the way home then i got somthing in my eye so i didnt make it. damnit why do i always miss everything :rant:

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts
Real nice night for a cruise!!! Dave, Mr C, Frank, Franky, Tim, Don and Tara made it out to the cruise!!! Nice assortment of cars!!! :cheers:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts
Here's a couple of emblems I like!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts
FlyinGN said:
I like this one..
That is a real nice one too!!!

Cindy wants the Chevelle!!! :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts
Don and Tara!!! :cheers:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea not a bad cruise! The food makes it for sure over there and something to do on a Thursday night that's for sure! :) Here are the ones I took..

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Huh almost looks like Newtown! Anyways next time you guys go lemme know I might be up for it. Had some crap to do today, messed with my fleet a bit.

Did some dumb little stuff to the GN tonight too - starting to make a list of things moving forward. Replaced my bad wiper arm and broken heater vents.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Looks like Pottstown, PA

gnetic86 said:
Huh almost looks like Newtown!

They do the same thing here in Pottstown, but I have no idea when.

The frickin' idiots on the borough council!

They harrassed the cruisers until it was so impossible to cruise, or to park and watch without a fine, that cruising went away. They used to write tickets if they saw the same car go by the same spot more than once in I guess a certain time frame! I don't recall the exact conditions to get that particular ticket, but they handed them out a plenty. They must have lost a million dollars a year in revenue when they succeeded in their goal. Then to put a final nail in the coffin, they relined the whole street (the paint) from one end to the other to further the transformation to quaint little berg. The main business district has gone from four lanes to two, and is lined for diagonal parking now. The other half of the streets length, is also now two lanes, with a center turn lane that nobody needed. Oh yeah, the whole length of the town has bike lanes in each direction that nobody uses. Then to make it all look totally ridiculous, they close the whole width of the street for a couple blocks a couple times a year for a car show! What the heck don't I understand? Some of you may already know and remember, that Pottstown, PA was one of THE destinations for cruisers until about 1985. Friday and Saturday night from about 8 pm until at least 3am on a nice night. There were so many cars to see it was awesome. A lap on the course was roundtrip from 2-4 miles depending where you looped it around. Or, you could pull up to the curb and sit and watch the cars go by! It was as much like American Graffitti as you could ever want! All gone. Bastards!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Low Budget said:
They do the same thing here in Pottstown, but I have no idea when.

The frickin' idiots on the borough council!

They harrassed the cruisers until it was so impossible to cruise, or to park and watch without a fine, that cruising went away. They used to write tickets if they saw the same car go by the same spot more than once in I guess a certain time frame! I don't recall the exact conditions to get that particular ticket, but they handed them out a plenty. They must have lost a million dollars a year in revenue when they succeeded in their goal. Then to put a final nail in the coffin, they relined the whole street (the paint) from one end to the other to further the transformation to quaint little berg. The main business district has gone from four lanes to two, and is lined for diagonal parking now. The other half of the streets length, is also now two lanes, with a center turn lane that nobody needed. Oh yeah, the whole length of the town has bike lanes in each direction that nobody uses. Then to make it all look totally ridiculous, they close the whole width of the street for a couple blocks a couple times a year for a car show! What the heck don't I understand? Some of you may already know and remember, that Pottstown, PA was one of THE destinations for cruisers until about 1985. Friday and Saturday night from about 8 pm until at least 3am on a nice night. There were so many cars to see it was awesome. A lap on the course was roundtrip from 2-4 miles depending where you looped it around. Or, you could pull up to the curb and sit and watch the cars go by! It was as much like American Graffitti as you could ever want! All gone. Bastards!
Pottstown cruise is still alive and kickin. I went several times last Summer Usually about 8 city blocks both sides. It is every month but I forget which Saturday it is

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts
MonteDave said:
Had a good time also. Next time we'll take the shortcut to registration! :cheers:
Hey...I know you!!! You used to be that Johnny 5 dude at one time!!!! :D :yup:

·
Registered
429 Posts
FlyinGN said:
I used to go to pottstown way back in the day. Remember when Car Craft did a crusing usa article about Pottstown?? :)

I don't specifically remember that magazine, but I do vaguely remember there being a national mag that did a write up.

Well I remember Car Craft of course. :eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts