Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a truck show with 25 stepsides none with turbo setup of any kind. All LS1 stuff which I have a set up. But why when you can do something different completely. Also going bright yellow bed liner over the whole truck inside and out. did I mention it will be a 4 x 4 all jacked up. with 33's at least. Twin turbo with a monster intercooler for a grill.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update

I now have 2 6766 precision turbos I got for 1000 never used. So going twin turbo.
Putting Dana 44's with 8 lug 4 10's . Getting the parts together to start the build later this year and be done by the beginning of next year. The Grand National motor was rebuilt by Arizonagn and not in a vehicle yet. Have all the original parts. Harness. computer and all parts except exhaust manifold. Going for 400 to 500 hp we will see.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it is all about the money

Working on a shoelace budget Been getting parts here and there as they appear at a good price or a steal.
Not much out there on twin turbos that are in the realm of what I want to do.
Helps to have unlimited room.
I could send pictures but pretty raw right now just a pile of parts.
The truck does run with a 3.8 normally aspirated motor in it right now. Turbo 350 3 speed automatic with Kevlar upgrades and more. Put in a floor shift set up.
My problem is my daily driver is broke and will take another 1500 to get it back on the road before I can start spending on the GN. 400hp cobalt broke a ring. Putting all forged gear while it is out of the car.
Any ideas for now the plan is low boost no forged gear and as the money becomes available go for internals and up the boost to what ever.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
up date

Putting the finishing touches on this bad boy. Lt385 70 16 tires MT 38in. Went with one turbo 67 series. 350 turbo transmission complete rebuild to handle 600 easily, 2800stall, With lockup, 8 lug axels installed with posi 14bolt rear end, dana 44 upfront, offroad design flip kit for 4in lift and 2in block for total of 6in also put in thier traction bar set up. Put in 210 214 cam, 120 lb injectors, Fast system 2.0, All done but bolting it up then pictures to follow. 30 to 60 days max.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.