Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally went down and picked up my new G-BodyParts.com stock aluminum rims today and put them on the car.

Here is a picture with the old rims and the new rims, enjoy!!! :D

Attachments

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also a Big thanks to Brian at G-BodyParts.com for making these rims and to Santa Dave for helping me get these rims home!!!:yup:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I really like those stock rims, I'd love to do a 10" wide rim for the back.. Looks great.
:cheers:

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can get these rims in 15x10" sizes, check out Brian's site:

GBodyParts.com Online

You can get these rims in 15x7, 15x8 and 15x10 sizes. I got the 15x7's for the fronts and the 15x8's for the rears.

Right now I am really happy with the way these rims look and fit!! :yup:

·
Darth your car is ready!
326 Posts
Without a doubt the GN stock rims are the way to go. They look great on and off the car as I seen them in BG at the nationals.
Car looks nice and I guess I will have to wait until the spring to see it.

Bruce

·
blank
2,898 Posts
:gsanta:Were you able to get the forehead imprint off the truck windshield?
:sorry:

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why does the car seem higher in the back???????????????????The stock rims are much nicer...
Cargo coil springs (installed by previous owner) in the rear and stock original (worn out) springs in the front. :crazy:

Maybe next summer I will get new Moog stock replacements all the way around because I don't care for the jacked up look in the back myself. :yup:

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:gsanta:Were you able to get the forehead imprint off the truck windshield?
:sorry:
:D:D

Dave, it was a fun and eventfull trip if nothing else!!! :)

Once again, thanks for telling me where to get these rims shipped. :yup:

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks nice either way . :) are these some type of reproduction rim ? if so how did they balance out , did they require alot of lead ?
Tim,

Yes these are aluminum Reproductions made by Brian at Gbodyparts.com, he has them listed on his site at: GBodyParts.com Online

I didn't pay much attention to the stick on weights inside the rims, but I did ask how they balanced and the tire tech said they all balanced fine.

I like the look of the stock rims as well. Did you say that they're aluminum? I'd be curious to know how well they balanced as well. That Santa Dave guy is pretty handy.:D
Yep, Aluminum and balanced fine. I have always liked the stock rims but was never too impressed by their weight since they are HEAVEY and steel, these new rims fix that problem. :)

ya agreed looks really good on the car..
Thanks for the compliment it makes the money seem well spent. :yup:

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
Those are impressive wheels and look great on your car!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts