Turbo Buick Forums banner

GNX Flares.....15'' wheels??

812 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  BooBoo231cu 
#1 ·
Does anybody have pics of this combo? I recently put the vector wheels on my car and they are geeting cut up on the sidewall by the outer quarter panel. Maybe if I replace my body bushings it will help. They all seem fine in the rear. I was thinking of cutting the quarter lip a little and putting the GNX flares on the car. I just wanted to know how they would look with the 15" rims. I have 275/50/ 15x 8.5 inch rims. The offset is pushed out pretty far with those vector wheels. I put a lot of time into them, so I wanna keep them on. Could I shave some material off the back of the wheel, or would this compramise the integrity of the wheel?? My $140 tire is destroyed, but still holds air. Help I say! help

#2 ·
Why not get air bags and give it a slight lift??
That would help the clearance?? I used to run 275's on my LTD. & they helped stop the rubbing.

#4 ·
I looked for 265 and 255's in Nitto DR's and BFG Dr's. They don't seel them. At least not on Tirerack. Do they make 265/60/15's in Nitto Drag radials. Hey, big girls need lovin too Killa! I don't love them though poon

#5 ·
Do they make 265/60/15's in Nitto Drag radials.
No. 275/60/15's and 275/50/15's.. Hope that helps.

#6 ·
You can kinda achieve what you are looking for with the GNX fender flares. However, they look iffy at best with 15" rims.

Have you tried rolling the inner fender with a baseball bat, yet? This should net you about 1/4"-1/2" depending on the car.

Also, is you rearend centred under the car? If not, start there. yup

#7 ·
I'm not sure how centered it is. I can fit three fingers under the drivers side...and only two on the passenger side. I have all new suspension that has been broken in. Its just lower on that side. The car has been in a bad accident, but I don't think this has anything affecting that. Yet, I just don't know. Do you think the back of the Vector wheels can be Cut a couple 1/8's with a CNC machine. I know that won't be cheap, but I like how they look, ya know. help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.