Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my original 02 censor(went bad) with a GNX 02. I do feel it helped out the idle a little. Its nothing to write home about! But if you are replacing your 02 I would deffinetly suggest the GNX version. It is actually a little bigger. I also heard it reads quicker and more accuratly. It has a rounded tip where the stock one is flat at the tip. I purchased two of them from Kirban because if you buy two, it knocks five bucks off each of them. So if your buddy needs an 02 you could work out a deal. Thats what I did. My friend just hasen't payed me yet, ha ha
The only complaint I have with the GNX 02 is that the wire is purple. I like the stock look, so it kinda bothers me. Some may say I am just weird. Well I couldn't agree with you more. My friend suggested covering it with electrical tape. I am weird, yes, but I won't ghetto up my car like that. So I'm gonna have to deal with it.

·
Registered
743 Posts
My wire s purple...it is barely noticeable.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Pickey'Pickey'Pickey'There suppost to be purple! If it botheres you paint it with a magic marker!

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
sensor!! i spelt a word right

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can spell a little bit better than most high school dropouts

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Originally posted by BooBoo231cu:
I can spell a little bit better than most high school dropouts
i gradeated

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm gonna have to plea the fifth on that one. Nobody around here is proud to have graduated from the school I did, so I will keep it under my hat. Yes, I did gradumafucate!

·
Registered
683 Posts
I've tried the GNX O2 sensor in my GN and a friends, lots of black smoke, flooding like mad, it never worked in either car. Don't know why but same result in both stock GNs. Some suggest running them if your car runs lean, don't know if they work on other built engine and chip combinations. I now run the stock GN one soon to be removed as well as my MAF sensor, thanks to Steve Y. Gene

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I'm glad to get some feedback on the subject. I haven't noticed any problems, yet. I will keep tabs on it though. Thanks for the heads up. I beat on my car daily, so if there was a problem, I find out quikly. I got one for my friend to. I haven't put it in, so we will do a before and after comparison. The only way I can tell if my car is running lean is by smelling it. So I'm not really the best tester in the world for that. Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So Steve, do you think it is worth it to buy the GNX 02 censor? I haven't done my friends yet, so we haven't done the comparison. When I changed mine it was bad for a few weaks already. So I went from bad 02 to GNX 02. So obviously I felt that the GNX 02 felt better. But I will say that I think it idles a little smoother. Do you see any downfalls to using this 02. I kept my bad one for when I go to the track(who knows when my next trip will be).How come more people are not running them? This message will self destruct! I am also totaly drunk right now and feeling great! Don't drink and drive!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
I have tried many O2 sensors over the past 15 years including the GNX sensor. I see no reason to use anything else but the stock AC AFS20 or a AFS74 or 75 heated sensors to last a little longer with leaded fuel.

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, [email protected] boost.10's soon
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
http://www.modernmusclecar.net

G

·
I have been using the GNX AFS-22 sensor for a couple years now with no problems. I also found them to be a few $$ cheaper from my GM dealer so that is an added benefit.

BTW, the stock GN O2 sensor is a purple wire as well.

------------------
Clayton
87 GN: 307FP hotwired, adj FPR, Tomka Cold air kit,TA49, MSD 50's, CAS V4, 3"DP, Jim Testa street and Lubrant 110 chips Turbolink with boost sensing,
Best ET: 11.79 @ 116 mph, 1.61 60'

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe the 02 I had in the car wasn't a stock replacement 02. Hmmm, I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the info. I actually feel a little better now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts