Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Inthuziasts,

I would need your help. I have a friend that is looking for a '87 GN, solid roof & in good condition. Mileage is not a problem as long as the car is clean & solid. He is checking out the Auto Trader but hasn't found anything in his price range (which is around 12 to 15 grand). I know with that price, it might be hard but I figured if many people are aware of it, it might be easier to find one.
He did go see the GN in the Auto Trader that is here in Ottawa with a rebuilt engine & tranny & it has a Hurst Shifter. He found it OK but didn't like the fact that the shifter was very "head snapping" at every shift. I think the shifter was a slapshifter of some sort but not quite sure.

Thanks in advance for looking & let me know if you find something. If he buys one that means another inthuziast in the Ottawa area. :cheers:

·
Registered
734 Posts
My suggestion is to include cars from across the border. It took me about 8 years of looking before I finally found a car I could afford and that wasn't a complete POS :) I didn't want a GN though :dunno:

·
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
490 Posts
Paul If you were REALLY cool you would have got a GN. Just kidding :D

Marc, it may just take your friend a little bit of patience till one comes around, and one will pop up. Auto traders are ok for that but keep and eye open for him on here and other boards as well. One is bound to pop up as more people get fed up with these scrap heaps. :D ..kidding again of course :headbang: :6:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for the ideas. Real T, it's true that it's a nice GN but it is a bit out of his price range. I will keep an eye out on the "boards" for any GN for sale. Also Paul B, how difficult is it to bring a vehicle from the states through customs. Is there border charges or anything else that you encountered when you bought yours? six-3X's-aday, I don't understand how someone could get fed up with these wonders of automotive ingenering that keep leaking oil, breakdown, etc., etc. :D

I'll keep you guys updated on this & please let me know if ever you hear of one for sale. :cheers: :headbang:

·
Gone and almost forgotten
1,042 Posts
I think every 2nd or 3rd Thursday (not sure of which day actually), Kyle puts his car up for sale....

So if your friend is around on that day, let him know and he can put an offer on it.....

:poon:

·
Registered
734 Posts
six-3X's-aday said:
Paul If you were REALLY cool you would have got a GN. Just kidding :D

Marc, it may just take your friend a little bit of patience till one comes around, and one will pop up. Auto traders are ok for that but keep and eye open for him on here and other boards as well. One is bound to pop up as more people get fed up with these scrap heaps. :D ..kidding again of course :headbang: :6:
Kyle, I came to the realization that I wasn't cool a long time ago lol. My car looks like it was built by Maytag :D

·
Registered
734 Posts
MAP 87 GN said:
Thanks guys for the ideas. Real T, it's true that it's a nice GN but it is a bit out of his price range. I will keep an eye out on the "boards" for any GN for sale. Also Paul B, how difficult is it to bring a vehicle from the states through customs. Is there border charges or anything else that you encountered when you bought yours? six-3X's-aday, I don't understand how someone could get fed up with these wonders of automotive ingenering that keep leaking oil, breakdown, etc., etc. :D

I'll keep you guys updated on this & please let me know if ever you hear of one for sale. :cheers: :headbang:
Importing a car that is as old as a TR isn't very difficult. The buyer is responsible for paying the sales tax on the car but no duty. These cars also didn't receive much in the way of extra stuff for import. Your friend probably wouldn't even have to change the speedo.

·
1,042 Posts
Paul B said:
Kyle, I came to the realization that I wasn't cool a long time ago lol. My car looks like it was built by Maytag :D

HEYYYY!!! I resemble that remark !!!!

Actually both remarks........ :rolleyes:

·
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
490 Posts
....but getting back to the task at hand :D ...Paul makes a good point importing one to Canada. One will come along for sure though....

·
1,042 Posts
six-3X's-aday said:
.....and he's told ALOT :D

Good one....

regardless that makes Paul B and I guess my Mom (haven't checked in a while) that think I am cool.....

Anyone else ??

:dunno:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mike,

I think you're cool & it's not only because you are the spokesman for "Quest for tens" & that it's for the kids. You have come to the realisation that you have a white TR & THAT is really the sleeper from Buick because, that was the one with the twin turbo V-8 with all the extra go fast parts that was given in a previous thread. :D

·
cakefarts.com
821 Posts
I know of a real nice black "T" if your freind would want that.

70K and pretty much stock.

I think he wants $ 16K and would move a bit.

Only thing is , it's in Windsor.

Mike

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks 1 Rare T, I'll get in touch with him to see of he's interesested in a black T. I'll keep you updated.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Also on this not, Ron, my friend was talking to you at the Orleans cruise night a few weeks ago. He was wondering what was the name of the guy you told him might have a few for sale......and he wasn't sure if it was the same guy that used to have the GNX in town. Let me know, Thanks.

·
cakefarts.com
821 Posts
Sorry, that was'nt me.

I live near Windsor.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts