Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Dr. Nehi
1,011 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
The LT1 is what they're calling the C7 corvette's motor. Link here.
Of all the letters, numbers, symbols, hieroglyphics, WHY WHY WHY do they insist on using a designation that was already used for something else. It makes my head hurt!! They could call it an LV1, or JQ7, or ABCD567, or Engine3, WTF do they have to use LT1?????? :rant:

·
Dr. Nehi
1,011 Posts
Of all the letters, numbers, symbols, hieroglyphics, WHY WHY WHY do they insist on using a designation that was already used for something else. It makes my head hurt!! They could call it an LV1, or JQ7, or ABCD567, or Engine3, WTF do they have to use LT1?????? :rant:
:yup: I'm sure there's a story. Whether it makes sense is another question entirely...

Still, it would be cool to see a motor like that in a GN. There were also rumors a plenty that GM got very far along in developing a twin turbo v6 as a potential powerplant for the C7, but abandoned it b/c the vette buyers would go berserk if it wasn't a V8. Which is probably accurate.

But who knows, maybe that motor idea will live on...

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
This is an all new LT1 engine. Not the one everyone is thinking of. GM has redesigned it!

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
Can't say I'm expecting a home run... but so far, at least it doesn't sound like it's going to be wrong wheel drive.

I'll believe it when I see it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hopefully they don't make dumb changes at the last minute and keep it a TT V6/ RWD car....and hopefully it isn't a slug! would be cool if it lived up to it's name again...I would consider one.

·
Dr. Nehi
1,011 Posts
Edmunds has pics. We'll see about the car, but I love the plate in the pics... Also, neat story here, maybe he'll help it not to suck...:

"For those born after the Reagan administration, the Buick Regal T-Type, Grand National and GNX were essentially the quickest cars you could buy in 1986 and '87. They were powered by turbocharged versions of Buick's 3.8-liter V6 and they instantly became legends on the street and on every drag strip in America. Today these Buicks are highly valued collector cars, with prices topping out at $100,000 for one of the 547 GNXs that GM built in 1987.

One of those GNXs used to belong to Mark Reuss, the current president of General Motors North America. In fact, his dad, Lloyd Reuss, approved the original GNX when he was executive vice president of General Motors North America in the '80s. Needless to say, there's plenty of enthusiasm at the very top of General Motors for a return of these storied nameplates."

·
Registered
15 Posts
looks like **** IMHO.

best looking part on the car are the GN emblems :6:. period. and even those look weird on this car.

Same exact cookie cutter body style every other newer car on the road has (BMW, Mercedez, etc.)
and to make matters worse its a ****ing 4 door?!! WTF?!?! :confused:

Bringing back to life older badass muscle cars and completely cutting the balls off the way they look is just wrong on so many levels

Please GM put down the crack pipe

·
Blue T Chrome trim
519 Posts
I think it would be cool with a nice stage II setup in it.:cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts