·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
yes you do.

------------------

Stock Block, Stock Cam, PTE-52, Champion Heads, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3680# with Driver
12.0 @ 116.5mph w/20psi using 17.9* timing

mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Learn something everyday. You mean the indentation between the edge of the journal surface and the wall isn't called the rolled filet? I thought I have seen a crank without that indentation and I was under the impression that it was a regular crank.

------------------

Stock Block, Stock Cam, PTE-52, Champion Heads, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3680# with Driver

·
Registered
703 Posts
Questions... if that pic is a turbo crank, what would a NA crank look like. Visually, what is the difference??

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Why do you have to feel it? Can't one visually determine that there are not filets and brand it a non-turbo crank??

------------------

·
Registered
819 Posts
I don't get it. Isn't the subject crank the same as this one?

·
Registered
703 Posts
What will help me (and probably a few other) is a picture of NA crank so I can compare visually the two... if that is possible.

I just want to confirm that the crank I got at home which I pulled out of an 83 Riveria TTYPE turbo motor is the real thing!! I've been told that it should be a turbo crank.... if it's the original motor & crank.

dave

ps: steve.. this may sould like a dumb question but what are "filet"

[This message has been edited by channer (edited April 26, 2002).]

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Steve,

Thaks for the reply... I've got it now.

Keep up the good work!!