Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filled the car with gas last night and now when I hit the gas on take-off, the car bogs and even hear a pop from under the hood. When in park and I hit the throttle, everything sounds fine. Any recommendations on where to look first? Could it have to do with the MAF?

Thank you for your assistance.

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
Sounds like backfiring and such. I don't think bad gas would cause that big a problem. When my ignition module went out, it would backfire, pop, and stuff like that. :dunno:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mine did the popping thing under load...it was a bad coil pack

·
Older--but Getting Wiser
2,250 Posts
Ground wire OK at back of engine--to firewall?

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Check to make sure an intercooler hose hasn't popped off. Also make sure the MAF tube/pipe is tight and doesn't have a hole in it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Orlando_87GN said:
Check to make sure an intercooler hose hasn't popped off. Also make sure the MAF tube/pipe is tight and doesn't have a hole in it.
Definitely check 1st.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. So far I swapped out my MAF pipe and MAF with a known good one with no success, I swapped out the coil pack also with no success. I am now thinking it may be fuel pressure related. When I try to adjust the pressure, it does not respond right away. Could it be my fuel pump ( i have a internal and an external, but they are from the early 90's)? Or could it be as simple as the filter?

·
nero v. 2.0
3,323 Posts
Tried coil pack, did you try ign. module too?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I swapped the ignition module and the coil pack with no success.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Problem solved. Thanks for everyone's advice. Turns out it was the fuel filter. Replaced it with a new one and everything is back to normal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts