Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I'm thinking about a very large Regal parts purchase from Gbodyparts.com.

3inch downpipe 304 stainless steel
PTE stretch stock location intercooler
aluminum thermostat housing package deal with 160 stat
and for comfort the console riser
as well as some ZDDP for good measure

With the addition of these items to my combo of 42lb injectors a TE44 Turbo and Alky. Would these purchase be better then anything else I could upgrade? I'm thinking after this I'll get a 2800 10 inch stall and get the car tuned and be done with it for a few years.

Thoughts and Ideas are welcome!

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Okay so I'm thinking about a very large Regal parts purchase from Gbodyparts.com.

3inch downpipe 304 stainless steel
PTE stretch stock location intercooler
aluminum thermostat housing package deal with 160 stat
and for comfort the console riser
as well as some ZDDP for good measure

With the addition of these items to my combo of 42lb injectors a TE44 Turbo and Alky. Would these purchase be better then anything else I could upgrade? I'm thinking after this I'll get a 2800 10 inch stall and get the car tuned and be done with it for a few years.

Thoughts and Ideas are welcome!
Keep a close eye on your IDC at WOT with the 42's. RJC for the DP. One of the Toronto guys is giving away a PTC 2800 convertor. Don't get me started about ZDDP. You only need a Dutt neck...purchased from Kirbans I believe. You can weld it on yourself.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are Two things I forgot to mention most likely a O2 sensor in the DP and maybe 60 lb. injectors as well as a in car mounted fuel gauge.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
i'd drop the conveter for alky.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
i'd drop the conveter for alky.
I think he has it Rob. The rebuild for the transmission when it starts flaring and the hard parts to make it survive are gonna cost him a few bucks.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think he has it Rob. The rebuild for the transmission when it starts flaring and the hard parts to make it survive are gonna cost him a few bucks.
This is another big factor that scares me. The transmission as it stands has a nice shift kit but I don't know if it would hold up to 400-500 HP. But if the Tranny did blow I'd just put a cover on the car and get it redone next year.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
A shift kit will help with longevity...as the intermediate band and clutches take less time to engage. Heat treated stator support tube and heat treated sun gear shell are the bare essentials. A separate transmission cooler is always a good idea.

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
You could also consider a billet servo for the transmission.

And seriously forget about the ZDDP... too much of a good thing once mixed in with the VR-1 you just put in there.

·
KILRV6, Chris Fasulo
54 Posts
Those are Two things I forgot to mention most likely a O2 sensor in the DP and maybe 60 lb. injectors as well as a in car mounted fuel gauge.
You have 42lbs/hr injectors and Alcohol now and a TE44--why in the world would you need 60lb injectors??? Way too much injector for the combination you have now. I think if you focus on getting your car running correctly with what you got now you may be surprised at what you already got. These cars aren't all about "bigger is better". Yes, go with a 3" DP and if you can swing better intercooling then go for that too. Maximize/tune what you have 1st.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts