Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking online today to get my car registered as an Antique so I can avoid Emmisions and saftey inspection on my car for the rest of the time I own it. the MV-11 form only has to have "PICTURES" attached if your getting the car registered as "Collectable". For Antique or Classic tags "NO" pictures have to be submitted. $75 for the tag plus the $22.50 for the title. So just a heads up for you folks out there worried about any Mods done to your car. I just got my premium from American Collectors Ins $106.00 for $14K agreed value. Once I get the motor done I'll be raising that up a bit.

Stefan

·
Back in Black!
223 Posts
106 a year...or every six months? I have american collectors with same general value and pay close to $300 per year. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
I think I have to give American Collectors a call...or see if we deal with them here. Whats the limitations on mileage/driving it?

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
limitations/exceptions on your policy?

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can't be used as a Daily driver, garage storage(you can use offsite garage too), Do not believe there is a mileage limit, Basically follows what Classic tags in PA limit you too as far as driving it. PA doesnt have a mileage limit just states that you can only use car for show, club, mechanical, & leisure activities.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Woohoo - we sell AC...asked for them to give me a quote.

·
Master Plumber
1,030 Posts
So I was looking online today to get my car registered as an Antique so I can avoid Emmisions and saftey inspection on my car for the rest of the time I own it. the MV-11 form only has to have "PICTURES" attached if your getting the car registered as "Collectable". For Antique or Classic tags "NO" pictures have to be submitted. $75 for the tag plus the $22.50 for the title. So just a heads up for you folks out there worried about any Mods done to your car. I just got my premium from American Collectors Ins $106.00 for $14K agreed value. Once I get the motor done I'll be raising that up a bit.

Stefan
holy crap. no pics? they must have changed the rules. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
holy crap. no pics? they must have changed the rules. :cheers:
Yeah I know?, Unless your redoing an old truck or bus and that vehicle is going to be a collectable then they need pictures. If you check Classic or Antique on the MV-11 no pictures need to be sent. Im sending mine off next week for antique plates.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Figures...we were trying to get my (antique) boat trailer tagged and despite a vin, despite pics, etc for some reason they wouldnt tag it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts