Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, it has been getting up to 102* around here and it only going to get hotter. my car has been running at about 210-220* with the A/C on at idle. In the winter, the car would run at about 165-175, but I didn't ever run the A/C in the winter. If I rigged a fan bypass, could that solve my problems? Or should I start considering a better radiator?

------------------
1987 GN 14" K&N, adj. wastegate, adj. FPR, XP Armstrong hotwired, 160*-stat, Hooker 2.5" catback exaust, Thrasher chips, shift kit, trans cooler, vdo boost/oil/temp guages, scanmaster v2.1, Kirban's front/rear frame braces, Hotchkis lower contol arms, variable rate rear springs, GNX wanna-be rims, and the rest is stock as far as I can tell...or too meaningless to list.

1987 Cavalier Z24 daily driver. 3-chamber flowmaster and 135db worth of stereo.

Shaun

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? is my car running too hot or is that about right?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
That is a bit hot, I think. Is all the baffling in place....both sides of the radiator and across the bottom so that air must flow thru the radiator instead of around it?

Fan should be on high when the ac is on. Is it?

If yes is the answer to both questions, then it is probably time for a new radiator. Nick Micale sells a heavy duty replacement that works at 110 Arizona degrees...use distilled water and RMI-25 while you are at it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts