Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seems everytime i replace sumthin on my car....something else goes wrong.its always one thing after the other.but just recently i replaced my wastegate actuator cause i couldnt hold past 8-9psi.car would make a "fluttering" kind of sound and then totally lose power and feel slow as hell.so now i can boost past 10psi,BUT! still makes "fluttering" sound and eventually loses boost and is slow as hell again.cant quite figure it out dunno .anyone have any ideas?im on the verge of selling it....but i figure ill give it one more chance

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Hard to say without either data or being there...but, could the coil be bad? Have you checked the resistance across the coils?

Does it run okay at cruise?

Checked the damper bolt to be sure it is tight, looked at the crank sensor to make sure it is clearing all three blades on the damper properly?

Unplugged the cam sensor after starting to see if the problem goes away?

Is it showing detonation when the problem occurs?

Verified the fuel pressure is rising one pound for each pound of boost and holding it until you let off the gas?

Got anyone to switch parts with?

What rpm does it seem to correspond with? Weak valve springs?

<small>[ November 07, 2003, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: Steve Wood ]</small>

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Give me a call and I will meet up with you one day to try and help you out. I e-mailed you my cellphone number.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
you guys get together let me know.. ed we'll go to the brick oven pizza place :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds good to me.ill probably be free next weekend.ill give you a call before then

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
hmm... trackday after???? :)

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
tom i called you like 3 times lastnight and a few times today. i was at the mall for like 2 hrs lastnight tryin to help you out and you never called me or anything. i got together with ed and artie today and i called you today to see if you can take a ride.. no answer...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
once again...sorry bout that rob.and thanx again for comin out and lookin at it thumb_up and if i do fix the problem i might take a ride out on friday.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
guys now we all know i'm no expert. what it sounds like to me is a real bad vac leak. (my car made the same noise)where the 7th injector is there is a EXTREMLY bad vac leak there. i really think thats where all the problem is. ed can you shine some light on this thought?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts