Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's been raining a sh!t ton out my way lately and I haven't taken my Honderr out since last week and the sun finally poked out enough for me to go grab some gas in her. I know alot of you guys on here hate Hondas and I can totally understand why.

Anyway, I go to the Mobil down the street and low and behold there is an 87 GN at the pump. Part of me gets excited anytime I see a fellow TR enthusiast/owner. I pull up to the pump across from him and I get out and say "nice car". He doesn't even bother to look at me and just grumbles "thanks" under his breath. I then ask him real quick if he has anything done to it and he gives me the old "Nah pretty much stock" in a real curt tone. I figure he thinks I'm the average ricer that doesn't know a Buick from a baseball and I say "My other car is an '87 GN that's my project", he must've thought I was lying or just was a real douche b/c he just kinda nodded his head and said "that's cool" in a "don't bother me" way.

Anyway, if you're on here man sorry if I bothered you. Was just trying to be nice. God forbid you own a modded Honda and a GN? :dunno:

Well just thought I'd share my little encounter with a fellow local GN owner.

·
Village Idiot
4,813 Posts
So what's unusual about that? Sound s to me like the typical Massachusetts attitude. On the times I was up there and after saying Hi, how are you to people and just getting looks back or mumbles I figured out thay always act like that. People up there are just wired different I think. :dunno:

·
lag,what is that?
2,715 Posts
Wow, That guy gave the exact same responses that i do when someone tries to strike up a conversation with me at a gas station. I don't trust anyone when it comes to my car,and give very little information about it,it's all stock and no it's not a GN,thats my normal response.

Maybe he was just being cautious. :dunno:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I know it doesn't translate onto a cpu screen but it was just the demeanor. Anyway, if you're that worried about it then you shouldn't have it out in public.

·
Keep the Rubber Side Down
1,161 Posts
I "might" be stand-off-ish untill you said you had a project GN, then I would talk your ear off... :usa:

I love Hondas and TR's too, btw... :cheers:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
larobj63 said:
I "might" be stand-off-ish untill you said you had a project GN, then I would talk your ear off... :usa:

I love Hondas and TR's too, btw... :cheers:
That's what I figured too, if someone wants to talk Buicks with me and actually knows a little I'm psyched. :dunno:

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
Sorry ..I didn't know that was you :dunno: :sw:

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
Usually if someone says they have a TR, I'm pretty nice to them. Until they start with the "It was special order from the factory with the V8 option!" Then I just smirk and enjoy the free entertainment.

If you're legit, I'll usually give you a couple of questions that should come natural to TR owners. Unfortunately, there are many people out here with these cars that don't want to have ANYTHING to do with the 'community' of Buick owners and just want to be snobby in THEIR TR.

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Grumpy said:
You big ninny. :yup:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Grumpy said:
LOL How come I was thinking it was you :D