Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a gasline leaking seems the line rubbed on the floor of the car right in front of the drivers side rear wheel.Whats the best way to repair this .

·
It's me, really
1,892 Posts
New line. Fortunately it sounds like it's behind the fuel filter so it will be a short piece. 2 choices: braided steel with a fitting to fit the fuel filter or call one of the TR used parts vendors and see if they have that section of line for sale. When reinstalling, be sure and slide a piece of heater hose over the rub spot, zip tied in place, so it doesn't happen again.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
You can find gas filter fuel line repair kits at most chain parts stores. They are 15" long with the correct end for the fuel filter and a compression fitting. If the leak is close enough I would suggest to use one of these.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
I'd check the fuel filter first.

But if your luck is like mine it's right in front of the filter where the lines are tied to the frame.

I would use braided rubber line and cut out the offending rusted part and double clamp between the two good spots and put heater hose over the spliced area.

Or if you are in a hurry buy the proper length of FUEL INJECTION RATED rubber hose and use that also with the heater hose over it tied securely to the car frame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts