Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know of anyone making body panels for our cars ?
EG: door skins, rear quarter panels, fenders etc.

George, in ALBERTA

------------------

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Postons,Year One, Mill Supply, There is no One stop shopping for body parts. Mike McCoy has alot of used parts and members on the Parts for sale area on both boards.

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, new times soon.
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
http://www.modernmusclecar.net

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Also helps to know some friends who part out cars.
Got a TR Hood from a friend of mine for $150.
Nothing wrong with it.
Said he would sell it to someone else for like $300 but cut me a deal.
He went to a Junk Yard and spotted a TR.
He asked how much for it.
They said "Ohhh You'd be better off going a few cars down from that one, as it only has a V-6. The others have V-8s in them."
"I don't want a V-8. I want the 1 with a V-6"

Turns out they didn't have the title for the Turbo Regal. But they allowed him to take it home for like $500 and take off whatever he wanted providing he brought it back to them when he was done.
$500 isn't bad for interior pieces and the entire Drivetrain.
Only bad parts out of the items he stripped was the axle.
Turned out it was bent.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by ULYCYC:
Postons,Year One, Mill Supply, There is no One stop shopping for body parts. Mike McCoy has alot of used parts and members on the Parts for sale area on both boards.

Ed, are we talking new or used ... do they have new door skins and new quarter panels ?

George

------------------

·
Registered
18 Posts
George, look up 'Fenders', in the Alberta yellow pages. Ask for Terry. He has floor pans, body-line + below door skins, door bottoms, fenders and misc other pieces. Unfortunately, there are no rear quarters avail (BY ANY of the above mentioned locals BTW)in new condition. Each above place has e-mailed me back and said that they don't carry any of these pieces for Regals, period. If you call, tell Terry I'm still waiting for my catalog and be sure and mention the GNRA re pricing.
Good Luck,
Jim Evoy

------------------
87 T-Top GN: Lots of $$$ spent...lots more to go! :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Jimn8or:
George, look up 'Fenders', in the Alberta yellow pages. Ask for Terry. He has floor pans, body-line + below door skins, door bottoms, fenders and misc other pieces. Unfortunately, there are no rear quarters avail (BY ANY of the above mentioned locals BTW)in new condition. Each above place has e-mailed me back and said that they don't carry any of these pieces for Regals, period. If you call, tell Terry I'm still waiting for my catalog and be sure and mention the GNRA re pricing.
Good Luck,
Jim Evoy

Hey Jim,
Thanks for the info .... appreciated !

Tha Alberta contingent are having our first meeting of the new year next Tuesday nite. I think we`re collecting GNRA dues for 2002 at this meeting and Jim Main will be forwarding it all to the club on our behalf.

We`re looking forward to you first bulletin.

George

------------------

1 - 7 of 7 Posts