Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My shop is awaiting delivery of twenty 55 gallons of e98 in a week or so it's the highest octane corn husk u can get and doesn't degrade like the e85. We won't be allowed to sell it to the public so we are still thinkin of ways how we can legally distribute the sweet liquid without breaking the law so stay tuned:D

We currently have 15 cars runnin around with pro-efi on e85 and we have to feed them it's quite addictive.

·
Flyn Greek
2,133 Posts
Looks like a lot of 45 $ tires pressure inspections are in your future

·
Registered
829 Posts
How much is it? It's like $7-8/gallon from VP if I remember. Are you seeing a need for that versus regular E85? I've never had an issue w/ E85 personally...I never even had an issue when I ran the E70 for a short time last Spring.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
corn...

spoke to the supplier and he said u can run e70 to e98 same principle as pump gas the higher the number the higher horsepower it can support. After calculating all the involved cost to the door i think we can still distribute it lower than the VP price and i don't think it will hit $6.50 per gallon either as what i was told. The supplier is from MN and told us that we can legally sell it to members only so we have to figure it out so stay tuned. My car don't really need it unless i'm headin to the track i can use pump gas and drive the GTR everyday without touchin anything:D

·
Registered
192 Posts
Im still saving for that pro EFI:D im still trying to get this power logger to work. Damm windows 7

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
corn...

Im still saving for that pro EFI:D im still trying to get this power logger to work. Damm windows 7
Pro Efi is a great ECM and a little pricier but what's expensive is the rest of the stuff that the TRs need to have (fuel lines,fuel pump,ignition conversion,injectors,etc..) so it might be not worth it to convert unless the TR is somethin special. Pro-Efi recently in You Tube breaking the world record on a Hennessey Venom GT owned by Steven Tyler and also powered the AMS GTR
that ran 8.68 @ 172.

My Ferrari Calamari (88 Mazda RX7 with GN motor) and the S2 Dutt's T is now being freshened up and being prepped for the Pro Efi:D

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
sweet corn...

Fifteen 55 gal drums of e98 arrived yesterday housed in a boxtruck in the back of the shop. We will be feeding 15 cars for now (club members/current customers' cars) so i don't know how long this supply will last but we are thinking of 20 more drums for the season. We will not sell to an individual until we find a way legally to do so and no exception, i'm hopin to have somethin on our grand opening day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts