Turbo Buick Forums banner

Future of water injection?

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Rodimus_Prime 
#1 · (Edited)
Air assisted atomizing nozzles break the water down to around 5 microns, using pure distilled h20 these guys are making some serious HP.

Of course there is no real info about the amount of air pressure needed to atomize, or where to get one of the nozzles pictured.

I did some searching and I believe these are similar...

Atomizing Spray Nozzles for gas cooling, coating, humidification and fogging applications

You can see in the video one of the jets located on the back of the compressor cover pointing into the air filter void and against the oncoming air stream. This 13B rotary engined car makes over 750bhp on Optimax 98 Ron (87mon) pump petrol and uses around 600cc/minute water flow rate. It has consumed well over 200 liters of water and the compressor wheel looks just like a new one.
http://www.riceracing.com.au/Videos/500_bHp_rx2_water-injection.wmv

Water Injection

See less See more
#2 ·
Well they just solved a big problem with water, the micron mist needed when injecting a crap load of it. Water does absorb more heat volume to volume so this has a ton of promise.

I'd bet it's almost double the price of an alky kit though.

#3 · (Edited)
I spoke with the guys at devils own and they are claiming 17-15 microns at 200psi on the 1 and 2gph nozzles. These guys are spraying 15gph+ pre-turbo and claiming 5 micron's. Pretty impressive! Wish they would let us in on a few specifics. :mad: Just looks like a standard paint gun nozzle to me. :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.