Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I use the in car automatic boost controller with the stock setup?

I'd like to get some 50 or 55lb injectors, when having my caspers thumbwheel chip burnt should I leave all boost levels the same?

Is the big neck intercooler mod worth it?

------------------
1987 GN, 96,xxx miles, thumbwheel chip, k&n filter, bunch of chrome custom stuff, air bags, more to come- adj. reg., fuel pump, injectors, shift kit, trans cooler, and so on and so on.

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Don't go crazy yet.The boost controller is a great idea,but IMO,you're not ready yet.When you are ready,call Jack Cotton and buy one[1-800-639-0531].
Start with the hot wired 340 Walbro.
Adjustable FPR.
50# injectors.
Jay Jackson T/B upgrade.
Then an upgraded I/C and THDP.
Turbo and converter.
Engine rebuild with your choice of heads.
The first four will cost you less than $1000,and will produce some good gains,as well as setting you up for the future.
Hope that helps a bit.

------------------
Give em' hell!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WO WO WO, Slow down there buddy.

I just meant is the boost controller used with the stock adjustable wastegate setup.

The stock turbo will get me to 11's, all I want is low 12's. This car has never seen the track and is strickly a street weekend warrior. The car still has the stock injectors from all the info I've been able to find so I figured buy once and get 50's. I already have an adj.reg, hotiwired fuelpump, my intercooler is in great shape, as is the engine and trans.

------------------
1987 GN, 96,xxx miles, casper thumbwheel chip, k&n filter, bunch of chrome custom stuff, air bags, adj.reg., adj. wstgte, stock engine, stock trans, postons high performance fuel pump hot wired, fenderwall dump, flowmasters, airbags, trans cooler, scanmaster, turbolink.

·
Registered
817 Posts
well they say the mod is worth a 1\10 or so.
no actual experience though. theres a member (schlodes)on this board who did the conversion from stock to the big neck he could tell ya alot better.
As for the boost controller i wouldnt bother. got enough electronic gadgets inside already. if ya want adj insid ethe ****pit get the turbonetics valve works good and no wiring .. just my o2

------------------

1 - 4 of 4 Posts