Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty much ever since I bought this car about 7 years ago it would make an eerrr sound when you pressed down the brake for the first time when I ould start it up in the morning. It sounds like a pump noise, not mechanical. Now it is just starting to get more pronounced. Its louder, and longer like eeeeerrrr, er er eeerrr. The brakes wor fine, I just don't get it. I have replaced the accumulator ball. The car has over 200,000 mi. Could it be the powermaster is starting to wear out?? :confused:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Could very well be the PM motor going...with ignition key off pump the brake pedal about 15 times...then turn the key on and listen to the pump with the hood open...you should hear it running but it shouldn't be loud...if you hear a squealing/screeching sound the motor is about gone...

·
Registered
221 Posts
That's the same sound my pump made. The brakes will work for now, but the pump will goo soon. I think it's hank terry that makes the pumps now. You can also try caspers.

Hank Terry's

Casper's

I went with the vacuum brake conversion. Less long term money, plus I'd rather not have brakes that depend on electricity.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys! I will probably just replace the powermaster. I know people will disagree with me, but I just want an easy fix, ya know. We shall see, cause they are still working. Thanks for the info!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts